Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Oh derp, I can't remember. According to http://www.wunderground.com, low was 10F and high was 96F. Dang Ibuuki, where the hell do you live that it swings so much?

What's the biggest festival in your town? Here, it's the Heritage day Fest. Lasts one day, takes up our main street. Most of the ~5k locals come out, I'd say, and some more from our next door city, seeing as it broke off from the one I live only a century ago.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I live in the North of Quebec, a few hours away from polar bears, where global warming makes the temperature more extreme each year

I'd say the Festival du Camionneur, which is famous worldwide for some obscure reason. People come from all over the world to show off their trucks (and by trucks I mean the heavy things that transport stuff), do drag races and stuff. It's ridiculously huge and popular for a town that barely had 3k people a few years ago.

What do people think of video games where you're from? Here, moms and grandmas are all addicted to Farmville 2 (and before that, Farmville and before that, Farmtown) and other Facebook games while dads work and kids play normal, modern games. Nothing too special.

Weasyl
    wwretched
    Well, I'm in a college town so people are mostly really fond of them. I haven't interacted much with people who aren't in college though so I can't say for the whole city but yeah most people are generally supportive of them! There's even a game design major here so yeah everyone Loves Them.

How do people dress where you are?
    dont even test me i swear to god im going to eat everything in this fucking state

You didn't answer your question! *Shames*

Anyways, for the most part, were in the middle of redneck territory, so boots, blue jeans, and tee shirts seems to be the norm. Colors of the shirt varies depending on if your an agricultural redneck, or a mechancial one though. For some reason, mechanical ones tend to drift towards blues. Now, if you live closer to the "city", we tend to dress in a more semi-formal way, jeans and a polo, or slacks and polos, on average.

How historic is your city/town/closest metro area? The city I live in dates back to just after the American Rev War. Founded by none other than the brother of George Washington himself, Charles Washington, when he sold off parcles of land in the area for development.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    By metro, I'm guessing you mean subways so... Montreal around six hours away, which, according to archeological proofs, has been inhabited for over 4000 years.

How often do people move out where you live? Here, we don't have those generational houses where families live for generations and generations; the longest my mom's stayed at one place is here, and she's been here for I think seven years... she's been trying to sell for a good two years though since she's really due to move someplace else. I guess this is somewhat due to our ancestors being coureurs des bois and natives, so we always have a bit of a traveler's blood in us.

I ment metro as in city, short for Metropolitan, but most subways reside in cities, so.

Depends. If you live in an apartment, generally they move quckly, given the resources. However, many of the homes here seem to be generational. I really don't know though, as I've only lived here a few years myself.

How good are the local schools? Here, they're some of the best in the state... which is ranked 51st overall in the nation. Puts the example to "you can polish a turd, but it's still a turd" in a way.

Weasyl
    willy
    The schools here are pretty good education wise, however a lot of our textbooks are a bit outdated.

How do people feel about SPORTS where you're from? Because here, everyone's really into baseball especially. Football is okay but more people are passionate about their baseball teams. We're more into high school/college football though. Same with basketball.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Sports are a big fucking deal here. You can't leave your house without seeing someone wearing a team's colors with pride. Not to mention we hold one of the biggest events in college football here. I mean, it's hard not to at least be involved in baseball, basketball, or college football, seeing as we have 2 teams of each.

Any well-known movies/shows filmed in your area?

I live in a college town, so all of them? (I saw the hobbit earlier this month)

Does the place you live have the infrastructure to deal with snow/ice?

Here in North Texas we do not have the infrastructure for cold weather, so generally what happens is we get anywhere from 2-5 inches of snow or sleet, and either it melts completely away in less than 24 hours, or it goes on to melt a bit and then solidify into a 2-4 inch solid sheet of ice that takes days up to a week to go away. (we lack the infrastructure because we don't really have the tax dollars to buy and maintain things like salt trucks and snow plows for something that happens at best once or twice every other year)

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Yes and no. Before a few years ago, we wouldn't get below -49F or so so we could handle it just fine, but nowadays we reach -72.4F almost every year so the water pumps and car batteries tend to freeze. We're adapting, though; we're starting to find quickfixes to unfreeze 'em or prevent 'em from getting frozen in the first place, so all's good. I mean the best thing to do would be to make improved car batteries and water pumps, but these are made in other countries that can't even comprehend the temperatures we have here, so they think their "Won't freeze even at -40F!" is some sort of godly statistic.

How do people cope with the heat where you're from?

Here until a few years ago, we'd rarely reach 95F so people would just buy ice cream, turn on the fans and take it easy, but nowadays we reach almost 130F every year so things are tad more complicated. A/C is really popular, ice cream sells more than ever, clothes can go fuck themselves and no need for saunas when your own house is full of sweat vapors. I have no idea how Texans deal with this shit everyday @_@