Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This would help fix the gripes I've had over the tagging system. 10/10 suggestion

Weasyl
    foxboyprower
    ugh... No I definitely do not want to sit through another page on the submission process. It's arduous enough as it is. This kind of tag system is the reason I hate submitting stuff to Inkbunny. When I tag things, I just have a list of words and like to copy and paste them into the tag box. Support for pasting a list of tags would be nice. Maybe frequently used tag suggestions. But whatever it is would have to make tagging art as fast as possible. Try uploading just one piece of art to FA, Inkbunny, Sofurry, and Weasyl. A lot of artists cross post like this to maximize exposure and let viewers use the site they prefer. After you've done that, you will understand how annoying the submission process can be on some sites. And busy artists don't want to bother wasting time with a bunch of tags. That's why the suggested tags feature is great as long as it has good search support.

Although I do like the idea of commonly suggested tabs popping up for the artist to optionally add to new submissions themselves. That sounds handy.

Also on the topic of user suggested tags, I have heard complaints from a couple of artists worrying about this feature being exploited to annoy people. I suggest having a list of official tags the artist used (the users cannot modify or delete these) and a separate list of suggested tags which is what other users have added (these can be edited by anyone).

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by foxboyprower View Post
    ugh... No I definitely do not want to sit through another page on the submission process. It's arduous enough as it is. This kind of tag system is the reason I hate submitting stuff to Inkbunny. When I tag things, I just have a list of words and like to copy and paste them into the tag box. Support for pasting a list of tags would be nice. Maybe frequently used tag suggestions. But whatever it is would have to make tagging art as fast as possible. Try uploading just one piece of art to FA, Inkbunny, Sofurry, and Weasyl. A lot of artists cross post like this to maximize exposure and let viewers use the site they prefer. After you've done that, you will understand how annoying the submission process can be on some sites. And busy artists don't want to bother wasting time with a bunch of tags. That's why the suggested tags feature is great as long as it has good search support.

Although I do like the idea of commonly suggested tabs popping up for the artist to optionally add to new submissions themselves. That sounds handy.

Also on the topic of user suggested tags, I have heard complaints from a couple of artists worrying about this feature being exploited to annoy people. I suggest having a list of official tags the artist used (the users cannot modify or delete these) and a separate list of suggested tags which is what other users have added (these can be edited by anyone).
    This is a fair point.

If it was consolidated into a single tag box though, with a dozen subtyped tag suggestion lists under it, do you think some of them would kinda get lost in the middle? Or maybe the subtypes also get consolidated a bit now that the upper level categories are gone.

As for user tagging, I favor it, as tag disputes can be handled by the moderators and tag abusers can have their tagging privileges stripped. I think it's a separate issue, though, since user tagging can be made a feature or not a feature regardless of the tag system in place.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.