Weasyl
    KumatoraKazooie

Corvids/Avians and Pants

I'm trying to design an outfit for my feathersona but I'm having trouble when it comes to pants and her tail. What do you guys usually do?

• Hide it inside their pants?
    • Try to pull it through a hole and risk him/her ruining their tail feathers?
    • Have the pants have a button-able flap that kind of works like the one in the front of your pants?
    • Place the tail up high enough so it won't get in the way?
    • Skip the pants all together and have her wear skirts and dresses instead (if female)?
    • Have him/her go "nude"
    Last edited by KumatoraKazooie; 02-01-2014 at 02:11 AM.

Weasyl
    Ouiji
    I've not drawn any corvids/avians myself, however I am a fan of the third option you have, the special pants. Looking up images of Falco from Starfox on google, most of the images seem to hide that feature. However I did find a few that may help:
    http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...6399-falco.jpg
    http://www.freewebs.com/starfoxcharg...o_20050423.jpg
    http://image.blingee.com/images19/co...47836_7178.gif (ignore all the dancing bits)

or you can do this http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...87-d2zltyy.png (just kidding XP)

Then again, Lord Shen from Kung Fu Panda 2 wears a robe. Anyway, good luck with the feathersona, I'd like to see more!

Weasyl
    FlynnCoyote
    I would say either 3 or 4. Depends on whether clothes are crucial for your characters though.
    We'll find a reason, or else realize that we don't need one.

Weasyl
    Bri Mercedes
    I can't see any pants-wearing avian stuffing their tail feathers in their pants. I'm visualizing the third option you have listed as being the most practical.

I'd go with the little to no clothing myself, it's not like being "nude" is a big deal for avians, and it's probably a pain to fly while wearing clothing (if you are making the sort that does/can fly)

Maybe think of little decorative bits that don't get in the way of anything but can still pass as "clothing" to a certain extent?

The third option may work as well, just like some people do for tails on their furs, although it seems like it'd be more uncomfortable for a bird and liable to break their feathers easily.

Sexiest birds don't need no pants. :v

(I'd probably go with the strap thingy above the tail. Don't pull feathers through a hole though, that wouldn't work at all. :c)

Weasyl
    Lorien077
    Never drawn an anthro bird myself (but I should gosh darnit!) but for pants you could always leave a big hole for the tail and have the waistband hook above it. For skirts you could do the same thing or just hide the tail. Good luck!
    You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and Id rather burn myself down than change the locks.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    I just give them robe. Giving them shirt fucks up the wing. Giving them pants ruins the tail. Robe is the perfect choice since you can always leave the back open and it won't ruin the tail.

Not to mention having the wind blow by is very tempting.

Weasyl
    KumatoraKazooie
    Thanks for the input, guys, I appreciate it!