Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Alien Cat of Doom Taelune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Taelune
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    115
    How do you guys feel about people that have multiple alter egos or people who have different forms for said creations?


    I think people probably just skimmed over what I wrote really xD


    Current Avatar created by Me using Catlike Icon Maker
    Art Status: Uninspired

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirahe View Post
    I think people probably just skimmed over what I wrote really xD[/B][/U]
    Well, from my perspective, I don't actually have an issue with what someone does with their own character (unless they just painted an existing property a different color), I could say that, but it seems like it'd be a boring, dead-end conversation so I explained what I do with mine instead.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

  3. #13
    Alien Cat of Doom Taelune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Taelune
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    Well, from my perspective, I don't actually have an issue with what someone does with their own character (unless they just painted an existing property a different color), I could say that, but it seems like it'd be a boring, dead-end conversation so I explained what I do with mine instead.
    Lol what I mean is online, especially on forums, or in the Art community people will recognize someone by their Alter Ego, so would it hinder someone's renown to have multiple OCs they use to represent themselves or a character who has different forms?


    Current Avatar created by Me using Catlike Icon Maker
    Art Status: Uninspired

  4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    Sentimental Machine Fiz's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Fiz
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirahe View Post
    Lol what I mean is online, especially on forums, or in the Art community people will recognize someone by their Alter Ego, so would it hinder someone's renown to have multiple OCs they use to represent themselves or a character who has different forms?
    I don't think it would hinder anyone. I have a lot of characters and some people associate me with different characters or see me as that character, even though I don't really represent myself as those characters in particular. Though it is always kind of funny when people think you ARE your character. Like, there has been people who thought I did hard drugs because one of my characters does, haha.

  5. #15
    Alien Cat of Doom Taelune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Taelune
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    I don't think it would hinder anyone. I have a lot of characters and some people associate me with different characters or see me as that character, even though I don't really represent myself as those characters in particular. Though it is always kind of funny when people think you ARE your character. Like, there has been people who thought I did hard drugs because one of my characters does, haha.
    Lol, yes I can relate to that, though most of my OCs are from the same story, back when I was younger people actually thought I was a boy because I was giving a little more attention to a male OC at the time. D: Identity is so important, but so easy to misjudge, but thanks for the reassurance!


    Current Avatar created by Me using Catlike Icon Maker
    Art Status: Uninspired

  6. #16
    I think the only time when that would become a problem is when someone is using an alternate character to hide.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

  7. #17
    Alien Cat of Doom Taelune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Taelune
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    I think the only time when that would become a problem is when someone is using an alternate character to hide.
    Lol, but isn't that what the whole purpose of an alter-ego is? To protect your real identity?


    Current Avatar created by Me using Catlike Icon Maker
    Art Status: Uninspired

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirahe View Post
    Lol, but isn't that what the whole purpose of an alter-ego is? To protect your real identity?
    I'd imagine they have different purposes. I don't give out my name or picture online and anyone who asks is usually directed to an image of my fursona, because that's who I want to be on the internet.

    What I meant was when someone designs a different character to be known as because they're trying to avoid the consequences of something or they have malicious goals. An example would be a person who changes internet identities to avoid paying commission debts or someone who pretends to be someone else to evade a ban.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

  9. #19
    Alien Cat of Doom Taelune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Taelune
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazekai View Post
    I'd imagine they have different purposes. I don't give out my name or picture online and anyone who asks is usually directed to an image of my fursona, because that's who I want to be on the internet.

    What I meant was when someone designs a different character to be known as because they're trying to avoid the consequences of something or they have malicious goals. An example would be a person who changes internet identities to avoid paying commission debts or someone who pretends to be someone else to evade a ban.
    Ahh, okay, like Trolls and other trouble-makers xD


    Current Avatar created by Me using Catlike Icon Maker
    Art Status: Uninspired

  10. #20
    Yeah, although keep in mind not everyone who makes an alter-ego for the purpose of evasion has a malicious intent. Some people just want to be left alone or to escape drama.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •