Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Alien Cat of Doom Taelune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Taelune
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    115

    Alter Egos with multiple forms



    Current Avatar created by Me using Catlike Icon Maker
    Art Status: Uninspired

  2. #2
    Junior BudgieBin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    29
    Having an alternate form is fun! I've got a character who is usually a shiba inu, but has also been drawn as a half-dragon and a smilodon. I'm writing it off as "morphic instability", and though the smilodon form is rapidly becoming my main/most drawn of 2012, I still describe myself as a shiba...

    I think as long as you make it canonical for your character, no one will mind. Even then, you can always do what some people do and specifically name their characters to separate... for example, I've got Kaye, SmiloKaye, Dragon/IroKaye... so while it is still the entity of Kaye, we are acknowledging that she's in another form here and it is a temporary condition. There's also the "noncanon" notation often used by fandom writers where they put a ! between a "form name" and the character name... so you'd have Smilo!Kaye rather than just SmiloKaye. Personal preference that's all.

  3. #3
    I have an alternate form, but she's treated as a separate character in a separate canon. https://inkbunny.net///files/screen/...otherkaze2.png

    That was the only image I actually drew of her and yes it was done in MS Paint. :V I keep her separate from all my other ideas because I use her in dirty RPs and I'd rather keep that content separate from my "clean" one.

    I used to have a character I used for both and it kinda ruined something about her whenever my friends and I were trying to have PG-rated RPs. Although now I hardly ever use my alter ego, not horny enough. ;3
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Didn't try, Succeeded Fay V's Avatar



    Weasyl
    Fayv
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,379

  5. #5
    Senior Kasune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    137
    Last edited by Kasune; 08-14-2012 at 03:25 PM.

  6. #6
    Alien Cat of Doom Taelune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Taelune
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by BudgieBin View Post
    Having an alternate form is fun! I've got a character who is usually a shiba inu, but has also been drawn as a half-dragon and a smilodon. I'm writing it off as "morphic instability", and though the smilodon form is rapidly becoming my main/most drawn of 2012, I still describe myself as a shiba...

    I think as long as you make it canonical for your character, no one will mind. Even then, you can always do what some people do and specifically name their characters to separate... for example, I've got Kaye, SmiloKaye, Dragon/IroKaye... so while it is still the entity of Kaye, we are acknowledging that she's in another form here and it is a temporary condition. There's also the "noncanon" notation often used by fandom writers where they put a ! between a "form name" and the character name... so you'd have Smilo!Kaye rather than just SmiloKaye. Personal preference that's all.
    That is a really good idea, thank you! Kinda seems more...professional that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    I've drawn my character as an archeopteryx, a tasmanian tiger, with wings, as a foxtopus and many others. funny thing is I used to have a more human version of her long ago.
    She looks really cute as a Kemonomimi! :3

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasune View Post
    My 'sona has two forms, but they're not too different from one another. They're mostly for travel purposes; one is for underwater, and one is for above water.

    I'm pretty proud of him, though.

    And then he turns into a siren when angry.
    He reminds me kinda of an old Mermaid horror film I watched a while back...;>> no offense it is a cute character, just made me remember the movie. (I forgot what the movie is called though)


    Current Avatar created by Me using Catlike Icon Maker
    Art Status: Uninspired

  7. #7
    Senior Kasune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirahe View Post
    He reminds me kinda of an old Mermaid horror film I watched a while back...;>> no offense it is a cute character, just made me remember the movie. (I forgot what the movie is called though)
    ...There's mermaid horror films? Shoot, I need to see these.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Alien Cat of Doom Taelune's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Taelune
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nevada, USA
    Posts
    115
    I think people were missing the point in my first post. xD


    Current Avatar created by Me using Catlike Icon Maker
    Art Status: Uninspired

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Desirahe View Post
    I think people were missing the point in my first post. xD
    Sorry, could you clarify what your intention was?
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •