Submissions Tab "Back" / "Next" Buttons (Out of Bounds)

Currently, the "Next" and "Back" buttons on a user's submissions page allow the viewer to go out of bounds, resulting in pages that read "There are no submissions to display". It would make sense to disable the "Back" button on the first page of a user's submissions, and disable the "Next" button on their last page.

Also, it would be useful to display the amount of pages of submissions a user has, as well as the page the viewer is currently on.

Just some suggestions to improve usability. Phenomenal site, otherwise!

Weasyl
    foxboyprower
    I definitely think this would help.
    I love this site but it has the worst gallery navigation of all the sites. It would be really helpful if we could see more than two rows of submissions on each page.
    Looking through galleries currently feels like I'm looking through a hole cut in a box as someone once elegantly put it.

Weasyl
    Swanda
    Aah, I was about to mention this. It's not just the gallery though. The "Friends of", "Is Following" and "Who Follow" navigation does this too.

Weasyl
    Aster
    Oh man, I wanted to bring this up, but totally forgot about it. Thanks a bunch for posting.
    I am definitely throwing my support behind this one, because this is one of the least user-intuitive aspects of the site. The problem is especially compounded when you have more than 40 submissions in your inbox/folder/etc and a screen width that doesn't result in 5 or 10 columns, because the last row ends before the end of all the other rows, so you're unsure if there are more submissions that didn't fit on the page.

DeviantART successfully paginates their content to avoid this.
    SoFurry does, too, I believe (but I rarely have more than one page of content, so I'm not sure).
    FA fails miserably at this.
    Weasyl fails miserably at this.

I'm not sure how complicated it would be to implement a logic check to tell if there are submissions on the next page, but I'm pretty sure you could create a quick "hack" fix with simple math in the meantime.

Since pages seem to be limited to displaying a set amount of submissions (40?) at the moment, just grab the number of total submissions that can be paged-through and the page that the user is currently on, and then test if the multiple of 40 is greater than the total submissions. Remove the "next" button accordingly.
    The "back" button really shouldn't show up on the first page of results to begin with...
    Last edited by Aster; 02-06-2014 at 03:05 AM.
    don't mind me; i'm just insane

It should be fairly simple to implement this as it's just basic maths and would look very tidy If it isn't already done by the time I get to uni I'll post this on Redmine when I get there. (Then edit this)

Weasyl
    Aster
    Redmine'd it here.

Cheers. I completely forgot about this until 2 seconds ago. Watched it now. Thanks Aster!
    Last edited by Nightpaws; 02-07-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Weasyl
    Aster
    Haha, well, time to update that watch now... because my report got merged into a feature request for pagination that brings up the issue as well.