NSFW rules on thumbnails/previews?

Uh hi i'm wondering, are there any rules on the previews about whats allowed to be shown? Because while I'm over 18 I don't, really want explicit or anything nsfw showing up in previews when I visit the site. :T I did see that there was a sfw/nsfw toggle idea in the common ideas thread, but until that gets going, can there perhaps be a rule that anything above moderate rating having to have sfw preview? there have been a lot of instances where nsfw things have shown up on the front page when there are other people in the room with me. Doesn't reflect too well on myself and frankly its embarrassing.

Maybe I just shouldn't be on weasyl around people idk but that's really lame that I'd have to take that extra precaution. Not sure if this has been discussed already if so I apologize I must have missed it but, yes this is a concern of mine.
    Weasyl | DeviantART | Tumblr
    Always open for commission!

Weasyl
    Midsummer Aria
    It was hit on in this thread, apparently thumbnails for NSFW images shouldn't be showing up in the first place if users don't have their settings enabled to show NSFW.

Of course, enforcing a SFW-thumbnails-only rule would solve a lot of that IMO assuming users were willing to cooperate. It'd be a very simple rule to follow. I think something like this should be done.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    For a quick fix, you could always create a tag filter list. Half the adult submissions that are poorly rated will instantlyget blocked if you put "cock" in your blocked tag list. (rip chicken submissions)

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Aria View Post
    It was hit on in this thread, apparently thumbnails for NSFW images shouldn't be showing up in the first place if users don't have their settings enabled to show NSFW.

Of course, enforcing a SFW-thumbnails-only rule would solve a lot of that IMO assuming users were willing to cooperate. It'd be a very simple rule to follow. I think something like this should be done.
    Honestly I doubt people would cooperate for the most part.

I think that they should just not show up if it's a mature picture and they have sfw on. It'd be a much easier fix
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Itd be nice if it was made a rule. I know there are going to be jerks that wont cooperate, but at least for the ones that will I feel it'd reduce the numbers a lot. And plus if it becomes a problem with specific users they could actually have a consequence for it. :U Thanks for linking to the other thread though, glad to see its a known issue!
    Weasyl | DeviantART | Tumblr
    Always open for commission!

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Having a mandatory sfw thumbnail is something that would be way too hard and way too time consuming to enforce. People would also argue that forcing sfw thumbnails on nsfw images would be deceiving.

An easy sfw/nsfw toggle is something that is in the works (no eta), but in the meantime you could just set your Weasyl bookmark to go to your preferences page first so you don't risk seeing any nsfw thumbnails before you're able to change your ratings settings.

If you don't want to see mature/adult pieces, don't set your filter to allow mature/adult work.

Unless you're talking about the temporary "I'm at school" button, in which case until the toggle gets implemented be prepared to get very used to your settings page.