Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Problem] Trolltaggers

Weasyl
    Aster
    Maybe, instead of just Ferrets, there should be a new class of non-mods roaming the site, who can be trusted to objectively and non-maliciously tag content / deal with tag disputes.

Regardless, a strong tagging community (comparable to e621's) built from all of the website's users would definitely be ideal.
    don't mind me; i'm just insane

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    Maybe, instead of just Ferrets, there should be a new class of non-mods roaming the site, who can be trusted to objectively and non-maliciously tag content / deal with tag disputes.

Regardless, a strong tagging community (comparable to e621's) built from all of the website's users would definitely be ideal.
    I was doing this for a while with fan art (just giving them fanart tags mostly, but sometimes I'd add others), it can be extremely monotonous. If dedicated people can be found to do it that'd be pretty amazing.

Or even just as a community initiative. It might be worth mentioning in the community building thread in general?
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Aster
    I can't find any community building thread, but I swear I've browsed one before...
    Is it something that hasn't been mentioned there already? Considering the fairly strong stance on "tag your work" I'd assume it would be one of the more important suggestions. But yeah, I've done it for a bit, and it does get rather monotonous. The more people who are tagging, the less work it would be though.

Also, can anyone clarify whether or not tagging should be done on "what you see" or if it should be "what you know"? Couldn't find it in Help > Tagging.
    it's not exactly on topic with trolltagging, but I'm sure general knowledge of this would reduce tag disputes.
    don't mind me; i'm just insane

Project community can be found here, I mentioned a tagging initiative in it, but I think it got missed. (I think I posted it at the time that the thread op was writing a post lol)
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    Also, can anyone clarify whether or not tagging should be done on "what you see" or if it should be "what you know"? Couldn't find it in Help > Tagging.
    it's not exactly on topic with trolltagging, but I'm sure general knowledge of this would reduce tag disputes.

Tagging should be done in a meaningful descriptive way. Tagging things like: "anthro" "m/m" "gay" "wolf" "fox" "blue_fox" "blue" "grey" "{char_name}". "Beach" "{actions}" "sand" "sketch"

From those tags you can. If it's not visible in the picture or description then don't tag it.
    The ones above give you an idea of a picture without actually seeing it. Real tags should be similar where possible. E.g above a grey wolf and a blue fox are doing {action} on a beach.
    Last edited by Nightpaws; 02-08-2014 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added quote

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    If by a tag troll you mean someone who puts specific tags on a picture in an attempt to use that picture to troll? I honestly am not sure staff can do anything in particular to stop that. I would have thought it would be up to users to moderate inappropriate tagging through reports and simply blocking that work from your access.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #57

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Tag alerts and tag history have now been implemented into the site. Thanks for being patient everyone! And remember, if you do have an issue with a troll tagger, please report it to us ASAP!

Weasyl
    Muzz
    Not so much a 'trolltagger' but someone who tagged my work with the wrong information. I personally had no idea people could do this, after making sure I ticked the box that none of my tags could be removed on my own work, but people are allowed to add them?.. I understand this is to help the search and for people to tag work correctly, but I really don't like the idea of it, considering people will, and have abused this. We all have differing opinions on genders and tagging as such, but when I post a commission for someone and tag it correctly as to how they want it to be tagged as, and someone changes that, I just don't think its really fair. I think only admins should be allowed to do this, not just anyone on the site.

Weasyl
    Zeta-Neubourn
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    Not so much a 'trolltagger' but someone who tagged my work with the wrong information. I personally had no idea people could do this, after making sure I ticked the box that none of my tags could be removed on my own work, but people are allowed to add them?.. I understand this is to help the search and for people to tag work correctly, but I really don't like the idea of it, considering people will, and have abused this. We all have differing opinions on genders and tagging as such, but when I post a commission for someone and tag it correctly as to how they want it to be tagged as, and someone changes that, I just don't think its really fair. I think only admins should be allowed to do this, not just anyone on the site.
    That's why I was saying to allow an option to turn it off to where only the poster can put tags on their own stuff, but a lot of people seemed to disagree, so I dropped it. I personally don't care if people tag my stuff wrong. Gives me more exposure... at the risk of looking like an arse, seeing as it could be wrong, but still... I don't see why there isn't a "no adding" option, or at least a "friends only" one, since you usually can trust your friends to be proper with your stuff.