Weasyl
    QTMelon

Latency Issues with Submission notifications

I had a friend message me that they submitted a new piece of artwork to Weasyl. It appears to have been submitted 1/2 hour ago. I still have yet to receive a notification that this user has uploaded new artwork.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    QT,

Hi! If you are ONLY friends with them, it means you can see friends-only content from the person, but to receive notifications about things they do, you still need to follow them as well.

Is it possible this is what's happened?

Please let us know!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by skylerbunny View Post
    QT,

Hi! If you are ONLY friends with them, it means you can see friends-only content from the person, but to receive notifications about things they do, you still need to follow them as well.

Is it possible this is what's happened?

Please let us know!
    No. I am following the user in question. I started noticing latency issues with a lot of people I watch.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    QT,

I'm told there is a small caching window (a couple minutes) on the inbound notifications, so there can be a slight delay on them coming in. But if it was a half hour plus and THAT happens frequently, that may be an issue we should look at more closely. Did the notification ever come in - and was it posted initially with a rating you don't watch (or a tag you block)?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by skylerbunny View Post
    QT,

I'm told there is a small caching window (a couple minutes) on the inbound notifications, so there can be a slight delay on them coming in. But if it was a half hour plus and THAT happens frequently, that may be an issue we should look at more closely. Did the notification ever come in - and was it posted initially with a rating you don't watch (or a tag you block)?
    In the case of my friend's submission. That notification never came through. I don't know if it was due to the fact I visited the submission and commented on it. I didn't see any tags on his watercolor that would have matched any that I had filtered. (which is very few, I think maybe 2 words are filtered)

I noticed other submissions have been coming in a bit quicker today so it's hard to diagnose it.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    there are several ways for a submission to not generate a notification, most obvious of which is the uploader sets the option to not generate a notification. friends-only submissions also don't generate notifications.

at this point, it sounds like your issue isn't latency but that no notification was generated at all.