Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Regular wwretched's Avatar
    Weasyl
    wwretched
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Genderqueer Demiboy
    Posts
    86

    General critiques? (+form!)

    haha i totally stole this idea from evilsonic, no regrets. but basically i'm just looking to see if there's anything in general that i can improve on! right now my commissions are at a standstill and i can't quite figure out what it is that's holding me back. well, it's not just commissions that i'm worried about, but i'd also like to see if there's anything holding me back as an artist.

    here's a link to the form! feel free to fill out as much or as little as you like, as long as it's constructive. don't be afraid to be harsh, i promise i can handle anything other than straight-up hate.

    thank you so much for your time, and i really look forward to your responses!!
    dont even test me i swear to god im going to eat everything in this fucking state

  2. #2
    I notice that some of your drawings have shadows and shading of some sorts, other have none. Perhaps shading and light is something to work on as well as perspective on general.
    Some of your characters also appear to be sitting or standing yet they are floating, perhaps giving them some solid ground.

    This si not a crit on anything in particular just a common thing I noticed within your gallery

  3. #3
    Regular wwretched's Avatar
    Weasyl
    wwretched
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Genderqueer Demiboy
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    I notice that some of your drawings have shadows and shading of some sorts, other have none. Perhaps shading and light is something to work on as well as perspective on general.
    Some of your characters also appear to be sitting or standing yet they are floating, perhaps giving them some solid ground.

    This si not a crit on anything in particular just a common thing I noticed within your gallery
    Haha, as for some of the drawings not having shading, I just didn't feel like shading them or they might have been for a reference or such. But yeah, good point! Perhaps a bit more cohesiveness might help.

    And ugh, yeah, perspective is something I need to work on a lot too.

    Wow, I didn't even notice I was doing that. Good eye! That's always been a sort of bad habit of mine, but I'll definitely work on it from now on.

    Thanks a ton! I really appreciate it!!
    dont even test me i swear to god im going to eat everything in this fucking state

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by wwretched View Post
    Haha, as for some of the drawings not having shading, I just didn't feel like shading them or they might have been for a reference or such. But yeah, good point! Perhaps a bit more cohesiveness might help.

    And ugh, yeah, perspective is something I need to work on a lot too.

    Wow, I didn't even notice I was doing that. Good eye! That's always been a sort of bad habit of mine, but I'll definitely work on it from now on.

    Thanks a ton! I really appreciate it!!

    what I feel helps is to look as your gallery in pieces, such as subjects, or colored only, and of course ones you have submitted or finished within a shorter time frame, compare them, which one is better? why do you like it better?
    and then of course look at old drawings and see how you have improved and what you improved on.
    It's good to look at the gallery as both a whole and in parts.

    This helps me to find things such as what I noticed, but within my own gallery.

  5. #5
    Regular wwretched's Avatar
    Weasyl
    wwretched
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Genderqueer Demiboy
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    what I feel helps is to look as your gallery in pieces, such as subjects, or colored only, and of course ones you have submitted or finished within a shorter time frame, compare them, which one is better? why do you like it better?
    and then of course look at old drawings and see how you have improved and what you improved on.
    It's good to look at the gallery as both a whole and in parts.

    This helps me to find things such as what I noticed, but within my own gallery.
    Good things to keep in mind! Thanks a ton, I appreciate it!!
    dont even test me i swear to god im going to eat everything in this fucking state

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •