Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    You wouldn't see it anyway because there isn't one. :p Sly 3 came out in 2005 and Sly 4 came out in like 2012, even going so far as to move companies, from Sucker Punch to Sanzaru Games.

Also the clanking of the bottles is the easiest way to find them all. There aren't any in Sly 3 though.
    There is on the Sly Collection!

You had to platinum all three games and then the video would show up in secret. As you can see it didn't give any sort of date, but just said, "Hey guys! Sly 4!" It was only relevant when the collection came out, which I had pre-ordered (yet still has taken me years to get to).

I never forgave Sucker Punch for moving on from Sly Cooper to that damned InFAMOUS game (aka Focus Testing: The Game!).

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I don't get the problem people have with CG, but whatever.
    I think it's less an issue with CGI itself and more about the nostalgia of traditional animation. I like both a lot, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    There is on the Sly Collection! You had to platinum all three games and then the video would show up in secret. As you can see it didn't give any sort of date, but just said, "Hey guys! Sly 4!" It was only relevant when the collection came out, which I had pre-ordered (yet still has taken me years to get to).
    Haha I didn't know that. I played all the games on the PS2 as standalones, so there was no video or secret thing about any upcoming games. I should try to get the collection so I can have all the games in one spot.

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Bones View Post
    There was no way it was going to be a 2D movie.

It's a 3D game.

Animated short they made a while back.
    Plus the animated cutscenes in the game make it look like a comic book.
    I think 2D makes sense in this.
    Though admittedly none of those seem to have ever been well animated, not even the short.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    I think it's less an issue with CGI itself and more about the nostalgia of traditional animation. I like both a lot, personally.
    I'm not so sure its just nostalgia, at least with me anyways.
    My favorite animated movies always seem to be 2D. You won't see me raving about a new Pixar film, but when Disney brings out things like "The Princess and the Frog" suddenly I'm interested.
    I think 2D animated things look more interesting and perhaps prettier. I mean I watch mostly anime nowadays, and I don't tend to get excited for animated films unless, like I said, its a 2D animated film.
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Can't wait to see Carmie in that glorious 1234567890p HD 3D. @w@
    YES.
    This would be wonderful to see on film in HD.
    Last edited by Battlechili1; 01-29-2014 at 11:32 PM.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    willy
    I can't really say I'm excited, intrigued that both Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank are getting movies because I pretty much thought those two franchises had run their course for the most part (Ratchet and Clank maybe not so much though), but I never played either of those series.

But the trailers look interesting.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    I'm so excited for this I dont even mind that everyone's wearing trousers! I love the Sly games, I love playing them even today.
    Oh yeah! What the heck.

I like how they made Murray look more hippo-like.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Bones View Post
    I'm okay with fully CG animated movies, as long as the CG looks good.

It looks good in this movie, so I'm down.
    It might actually look different than most CG movies out there.

I dont' mind CG... just that so many of them are "Let's try and be Pixar" or "Let's try and be Dreamworks". Come on guys, you can do other artstyles, too!

Weasyl
    RedLeFrench
    Quote Originally Posted by FriskyWoods View Post
    I never forgave Sucker Punch for moving on from Sly Cooper to that damned InFAMOUS game (aka Focus Testing: The Game!).
    To that I would have to disagree. I'm not in favor of focus tested tripe and I was very wary concerning this game, as Cole just looks stupid. And after seeing a reliable friend gush over it, I tried it... And loved the hell out of it. The story is pretty freakin' awesome and engaging and it is quite fun too, so yeah, surprise of the generation for me :D

On topic : a bit wary on the Sly movie (the writing of this skit was a bit too childish), but hey, it was just a teaser and I bet they haven't even started making the movie and just testing the waters. In any case it is pretty cool seeing a good looking movie out of a game for once (and no, I'm not counting the R&C movie, which looks even more awesome) ♪

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Something occurred to me today. Late 2015-early 2016 is going to be a great time to be a furry. This movie is slated for early 2016. Zootopia is supposed to come out early 2016. And Kung Fu Panda 3 should be coming out late 2015.

I did some snooping. The director of the Sly movie is the same guy who directed TMNT (2007). I thought that movie was completely meh. Hopefully he learned some lessons from it.

Some peeps around the internets be complaining about the change in art style from the games? The animation looks fantastic here. I liked it immediately.
    Watch me swooce right in.