Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Wow. That's super dank. Sly is a good anthro series to bring to screen.

Hope they treat it well. Animation looks good and it's only a 2014 trailer. Awesome!

Huh...this Sly design looks more like a badger to me than a raccoon to be honest. Then again, so do some of Rocket Raccoon's designs.

Weasyl
    Solaris-Meadow
    Sly Cooper movie? I'm about to have a breakdown of pure excitement! 8D -spazzes-

... I just hope they don't do anything to screw up what the franchise has done thus far x.x that tends to happen... a lot...

Whoa, that was a great trailer, although Sly looks a bit different than I expected he would. This looks awesome! Not usually ever excited about movies from video games, but this could go somewhere.

Coincidentally, I had the Sly Collection sitting in my PS3 when I heard about this. I only ever got through most of the first game, so I decided it was time to get on with it today. Already enjoying 2 a lot more than 1; 1 was pretty hard.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Whoa, that was a great trailer, although Sly looks a bit different than I expected he would. This looks awesome! Not usually ever excited about movies from video games, but this could go somewhere.

Coincidentally, I had the Sly Collection sitting in my PS3 when I heard about this. I only ever got through most of the first game, so I decided it was time to get on with it today. Already enjoying 2 a lot more than 1; 1 was pretty hard.
    When people say 1 was hard I automatically think "racing levels". Most of it was pretty easy but the racing controls were wonky as shit.

Also any mission with a time limit. Fucking piranhas and chickens.

2 and 3 were a lot more streamlined imo.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    I can just feel it

Something bad will happen.

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    I'm not even a fan of the Sly games and this is exciting news for me.
    I like the style and characters, and the games are fun, and the short cartoon made for Sly Cooper in the past was decent, so I'm looking forward to this.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    There are no really good video games movies in existence.

We'll see if that curse can be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    When people say 1 was hard I automatically think "racing levels". Most of it was pretty easy but the racing controls were wonky as shit.

Also any mission with a time limit. Fucking piranhas and chickens.

2 and 3 were a lot more streamlined imo.
    Oh wow, I had forgotten about the racing. It was the boss fights for me; they were pretty clever and challenging, in my memory. I just don't remember Sly 1 handling nearly as smoothly as 2 has been. Like, I'm excited to finish up here, get some work done, and then go play more Sly 2. I didn't feel that way with the first.

Also, time limits, yes. Bane of my gaming existence. :|

And on-topic for movie related stuff, I'm having trouble thinking of any good video game to movie movies. Still, I watched the trailer again this morning. So cool!

Weasyl
    Battlechili1
    Just watched the trailer.
    I'm disappointed that its CGI and not 2D animation... I really wanna see 2D animation make a comeback...

Oh well. Still, the CGI looks well done and the movie is looking good.
    Still looking forward to the movie.

EDIT:
    From the linked page: "The global film market leans towards pure CG-animated films."
    THIS IS THE PROBLEM.
    The future is in the past! Onwards Aoshima!