Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Bark

Sly Cooper is getting a movie, too!

Sly Cooper is getting a movie that is currently being detailed as coming out in early 2016. See the IGN Article and trailer here!.

I'm pretty excited for this. Not only was the Sly Cooper series one of my big time favorites growing up, but the character designs look really great in this. I really love how much care is going to into these movies.

If you didn't know, Sony also announced earlier on that there will be a Ratchet and Clank movie coming out in 2015.

It seems the same companies are doing the Sly Cooper movie. I can only imagine that they are happily rolling around with Sony throwing money at them to make these movies at this point.

What do you guys think? Exciting, yes?

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Whoa Sly's voice is different. Not sure how I feel about that.

If they actually do end up making it and seeing it through I'll totally watch it. I love the Sly games. Can't wait for the Ratchet and Clank movie either.

Hopefully it doesn't go the way of the Spyro movie announced years ago that was never actually made due to some weird legal and budget issues. At least they got a game out of it though.

Weasyl
    Bark
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    Whoa Sly's voice is different. Not sure how I feel about that.

If they actually do end up making it and seeing it through I'll totally watch it. I love the Sly games. Can't wait for the Ratchet and Clank movie either.

Hopefully it doesn't go the way of the Spyro movie announced years ago that was never actually made due to some weird legal and budget issues. At least they got a game out of it though.

Considering that they already have a trailer out and a date set, I think we can be sure that it is already in the process of being made. That's a lot more than just a poster (if that), a list of names and a fuzzy date that we've gotten with a lot of other things, so.

And by any rate, when the Ratchet and Clank movie was announced we were told that they were working I believe in pre-production? Basically using assets for the games to block out scenes and such for the movie to expedite the process. They're also working pretty closely with Insomniac Games. I'm wondering, considering it's the same companies, if they're following this same work flow and working closely with Sucker Punch / Sanzaru.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm so excited for this I dont even mind that everyone's wearing trousers! I love the Sly games, I love playing them even today.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark View Post
    Considering that they already have a trailer out and a date set, I think we can be sure that it is already in the process of being made. That's a lot more than just a poster (if that), a list of names and a fuzzy date that we've gotten with a lot of other things, so.
    I think they did for the Spyro movie but it fell flat on its ass and nothing happened. At least the game was alright.

I'm glad that they're working close with the original developers. I wonder what the story will be about. I haven't gotten to play Sly 4 yet since I'm 600 miles from home without a PS3 or TV, so I don't know much about that story yet. Something old? Something new? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    I'm so excited for this I dont even mind that everyone's wearing trousers! I love the Sly games, I love playing them even today.
    hahaha I didn't even notice until you said something.

Weasyl
    Shad-Wolf
    Looks really interesting I wouldn't mind watching it! ^-^

And yeah I don't wish to see it turn out like Spyro movie where it never comes out. That was really disappointing. :c

Truth be told… I have never played any of the Sly Cooper games before! :0

Weasyl
    JackalTeeth
    All I can express is excitement. I actually don't mind the VA change for Sly at all, the voice is still fitting.

Weasyl
    Namba
    I'm pretty psyched about both of them Next up needs to be a Jak and Daxter movie, then after that the original Spyro franchise needs a film. MAKE IT SO.

Weasyl
    Dire Newt
    A video game movie... my excitement is very limited.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I've not played the Sly Cooper games but I do have an interest in this movie :3
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.