Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: "Let's Play" Megathread

Weasyl
    RMC
    Some of my favorite LPers are Slowbeef, Oyster, UberHaxorNova, ZackScott, Chip Cheezum and Ironicus, GameGrumps and some of DeceasedCrabs stuff. Mostly when it's obscure NES games.

As far as they all go, Slowbeef pretty much started the whole video let's play craze and he still does them to this very day. Pretty dedicated dude. He's mostly known for his Snatcher text LP but he's also known for his The Immortal (the first ever VLP) and Super Metroid

here's the start of his Immortal LP that started the whole show.

He and his partner in crime, Diabetus, run the Retsupurae channel. It's pretty much MST3K for Let's Plays. Lately they have also been doing "Wrongpraes" which they just rip on the video game for being terrible.

The beginning of the "BillyMC" saga. One of my favorites as well.

Oyster is by far the best Mega Man/Rock Man player I know and he does his LP's a pretty unique way. Instead of just playing the game normally, he lets people set up "Challenges" for him that he must meet in every stage. He's also good friends with Slowbeef and Diabetus.

his LP of Mega Man 3

Nova I recently started watching and he's hilarious. His Happy Wheels videos are some of the funniest things I've seen. He also does Minecraft and other games from time to time with his friends.

His first Happy Wheels video I seen from him.

Zack Scott I have watched since I seen his Giant Spider series. He's recently just been doing video game play throughs and his crown jewel is his Minecraft series. He also likes to play a lot of indy games and telltale games. He occasionally does NES games as well!

His current new series he's done

Chip and Ironicus are pretty much Slowbeef and Diabetus II. All kidding aside, Chip and Ironicus both do commentary together and makes some very interesting and funny videos. They obviously love Suda51 and all the games he has made. Including doing an LP of Killer 7, NMH 1 and 2 and im sure they will do Lollipop Chainsaw at some point.

My favorite LP they have done is the 50 cent game. Because of how laughably bad the gameplay is and how freaking hilarious the story premise is.

Like Slowbeef and Diabetus, they also run a retsupurae channel. Here's one of my favorites.

Game Grumps is JonTron and EgoRaptors video game playthrough channel where they both play video games together. All while cracking jokes and doing the general dumbshit all best buddies do together. Currently they are playing a lot of SNES but they plan on playing other consoles soon.

DeceasedCrab is one of the more famous YT LPers since he moved off of SomethingAwful over a dispute. His LPs are pretty cool. I generally watch his LP's because he LP's some pretty obscure NES titles that are, shocker, REALLY GOOD!

One of the funniest LP's i've seen him do.

Sorry for the extremely long post, but I love this stuff.
    Last edited by RMC; 08-15-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I have to say the only person who's LP I have watched all the way through was Lord Vega's LP of Arcanum.

I just absolutely love his voice.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

I enjoy Lord Vega's LPs, shame he disappeared. I also like watching Let's Plays made by SSSkinner, AgentJR and perochialjoe/

My favourite LPers are ROCKCOCK64, Chip and Ironicus, the guy who does mario romhack videos whose name escapes me always, and of course the duo that got me into LPs, Slowbeef and Diabetus, whose voices I can listen to all day long. I like Guru Larry too, but his accent does grate on me sometimes. I do not like the current direction that LPs are taking, its all some idiot shouting on a camera and making stupid faces and the all. do. the. same. games.

I leave you now with my favourite Slowbeef and Diabetus moment:

ha ha ha ha. ha ha ha ha ha.

I don't really watch many LP's, but I really like, uh, the Yogscast people. Mostly Sips and Sjin. They're just a really hilarious duo and they play off each other really well. I love watching them play stufff together. *^*

I'm hoping to end up doing a few LP's with a friend of mine on the minecraft server we set up (mostly to just chronicle our amazing adventures and have a record of em), but that seems like something that's still quite far away if it's gonna happen. :U

The only LPer's I've watched are Yogscast and Pewdiepie, so I guess those two would be my favourite.

Weasyl
    N/A
    One of my friends did LPs as well but had stopped. So I hadn't mentioned him. Though recently I found that he might be uploading more.

This was pretty amusing to watch.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Strawberry Drulx StrawberryPawz's Avatar
    Weasyl
    StrawberryPawz
    Here is a Let's Play I'm starting!

Wondering if anyone would like to sit in a recording of me playing Guild Wars 2?
    I'm going to be remaking my thief character and I'd like someone to talk during it all, lol, if you're interested send me a PM and I'll reply with my Steam/Skype so you can add me!

My LS channel URL: http://www.livestream.com/girlscantplaygames