Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: "Let's Play" Megathread

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Fiz

"Let's Play" Megathread

Do you make LPs? Wanna discuss your favorite LPers? Talk about anything "Let's Play" here! LPs are pretty dang popular so might as well have a centralized thread for them.

I'll start off. I don't really watch LP's too often, however my favorite LPer is Kazztawdal. He just cracks me up and doesn't take anything seriously.

Here's examples of his LPs.

Strawberry Drulx StrawberryPawz's Avatar
    Weasyl
    StrawberryPawz
    If I did a Let's Play of Kingdom Hearts 3D, who would watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Do you make LPs? Wanna discuss your favorite LPers? Talk about anything "Let's Play" here! LPs are pretty dang popular so might as well have a centralized thread for them.

I'll start off. I don't really watch LP's too often, however my favorite LPer is Kazztawdal. He just cracks me up and doesn't take anything seriously.

Here's examples of his LPs.
    This is gonna sound really weird, but the Facade video of yours where you go through the wall cracks my dad and brother up every time. It's gotten to the point where they say "Got your spider, nerd!" every time they prank each other.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    This is gonna sound really weird, but the Facade video of yours where you go through the wall cracks my dad and brother up every time. It's gotten to the point where they say "Got your spider, nerd!" every time they prank each other.
    Haha well I'm glad you like my facade videos. I'm not really an LPer though, I just stream games and be a total idiot from time to time.

I watch a few LPers on youtube, I like totalbiscuit, deliciouscinnamon and raocow the best.

I was actually part of a LP last night, or rather a test run in preparation for Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star. It's pretty rough around the edges since it's our first group LP. but I'm apparently all of the female voices. Which means, as the protagonist and Azami, I talked for about 2 hours straight and even had some pretty lengthly conversations with myself. But it was fun nonetheless.

All 3 (livestreamed, uncut, very rough) videos and a description/spoiler warning is here: http://budgiebin.tumblr.com/post/292...-anghels-route

The first video doesn't start the game until like halfway through, about maybe the 20-25 minute mark because we had the best sequence of technical difficulties ever... we go on Yuuya's path until we get the chance to select our chosen bird Anghel, who we first see in Video 3. Right now, the LP ends at September 1, just after Rabu/Azami's arc. We're actually completing the arc next weekend.

I hope this is somehow entertaining.
    Last edited by BudgieBin; 08-12-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    I probably look like a tool saying this, but oh well!

I very much so enjoy Retsupurae, SlowBeef actually does legit lets plays for himself and a lot are legit funny. I don't think I've found any other LPer who I enjoy quite yet. (maybe ThinVeilCutlet, but is he even active any more?)

I've personally thought about doing an LP or even a walk thru or 2, but I've had my basic skills ridiculed so I'm a little fearful.

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    Quote Originally Posted by Uini View Post
    (maybe ThinVeilCutlet, but is he even active any more?)
    Last I heard he wasn't doing LPs anymore, but you can find more of his work under the TaxidermistPasta name at both his Youtube and Blip pages.

Of all the LPers I've watched I gotta say my fave is probably supergreatfriend. His sense of humour and choice of games really make watching his LPs worth it. I highly recommend his let's play of Deadly Premonition since he has a lot of fun with the game (and truth told I love the game too).

Other LPers I've enjoyed are raocow, ChipCheezum & General Ironicus, The Freelance Astronauts, Frankomatic, and of course Slowbeef and Diabetus.

I've tried a Let's Play m'self, for Something Awful even, and it didn't go over very well so I kinda stepped down until I could learn a little more about how to make things interesting. Guess it didn't help I tried doing one on Castlevania II.

Strawberry Drulx StrawberryPawz's Avatar
    Weasyl
    StrawberryPawz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post

what did i tell ya Fiz, they're gunna ignore it. Haters gunna hate!

Weasyl
    StudioTRUE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattie Rayner View Post
    Last I heard he wasn't doing LPs anymore, but you can find more of his work under the TaxidermistPasta name at both his Youtube and Blip pages.
    Good god thanks a lot!!! I loved his LPs.
    This is my fave. I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattie Rayner View Post
    Other LPers I've enjoyed are raocow, ChipCheezum & General Ironicus, The Freelance Astronauts, Frankomatic, and of course Slowbeef and Diabetus.
    O lawd I forgot about ChipCheezum. He's pretty good as well.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    When I lived on my own, I'd do them all day, everyday and some people would watch. But then I went back to my mom's and the Internet was too shitty to allow streams.

BUT!

I'm moving out in September, so I shall stream again!