Suggestions - Characters/Comments&Replies/Streaming

Hi, I just adore Weasyl, and think it's a great website, but there's a few things that would (in my personal opinion) make it perfect!

-I'm not fond of how hidden "characters" are on a person's profile. You gotta get through a lot of tabs to get to it - and I often forget about it. There should be a way to feature on the your main page.

-Should be a way to toggle on and off the "preview" typing mode, it's kinda distracting seeing two sentences being typed at once.

-When replying, it should pop up directly under the other person's comment - I keep having to scroll up to remember exactly what was said and that's kind of a pain.

-Should be made even more obvious when someone is streaming - Maybe it could pop up under submissions, people can submit a picture/have their icon under the heading "Streaming now" or something. More like it is on the front page I mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, sorry if there's already options for some of these and I'm not seeing them. I'm new, so bare with me!

Kyan's journal made me think of another suggestion, can I just tack that on here?

--Being able to clear submissions/characters/collections from the primary Messages>Art page.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by kyan View Post
    -I'm not fond of how hidden "characters" are on a person's profile. You gotta get through a lot of tabs to get to it - and I often forget about it. There should be a way to feature on the your main page.
    You'll be happy to know that there is, actually; Settings -> Profile Information -> "Profile thumbnail bar displays…" -> Characters

Weasyl
    xarg
    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    You'll be happy to know that there is, actually; Settings -> Profile Information -> "Profile thumbnail bar displays…" -> Characters
    That's an exclusive choice though, right? Can only have one category displayed on the profile front page.

I'm a little fuzzy on why there is a separate character section at all myself, it strikes me as something that could do just fine in submissions and an extra sub-category for them.

I think it's just a little weird and redundant cause what if I want to post a character, but I also want critique for it? What then? You can't flag characters for critique (although I guess it doesn't matter too much right now since things flagged for critique are essentially broken anyway what with there being no way to browse through people requesting critiques, but I know that is something in the works...)

Weasyl
    ali
    -Should be a way to toggle on and off the "preview" typing mode, it's kinda distracting seeing two sentences being typed at once.

-When replying, it should pop up directly under the other person's comment - I keep having to scroll up to remember exactly what was said and that's kind of a pain.
    YES PLEASE to both of these things!

the preview typing mode is cool, but.. i accidentally keep trying to click the preview version because the box isn't that much different from the actual comment box. would be supes helpful for that to be toggled off, be made smaller, or in a new window- something that gets rid of this problem.

and yes for the replying thing, i hate scrolling down, i keep forgetting what the username was/what i was replying to in the first place because of it 8(

Weasyl
    foxboyprower
    I do love the character profile galleries. It's helpful seeing a users cast of characters in one place sometimes.

But I do agree that replying to comments could be streamlined better. It's a bit awkward having to scroll back to that comment and hitting reply when hitting the notification could have just taken you there automatically.