Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Thumbnail bug?

Thumbnail bug?

Hello! Lately when I try to upload, I get the following error message in regards to thumbnails.

bdbd820c6e424cdaa39c9e453e99afba-zKaDOhoK

It doesn't give me a preview picture from which to select a thumbnail. Also, here's a screenshot of how it appears on my page if it helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ensalo3a20...humbug%202.jpg
    Last edited by Eskiworks; 01-27-2014 at 07:01 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskiworks View Post
    Hello! Lately when I try to upload, I get the following error message in regards to thumbnails.

bdbd820c6e424cdaa39c9e453e99afba-zKaDOhoK

It doesn't give me a preview picture from which to select a thumbnail. Also, here's a screenshot of how it appears on my page if it helps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rr4lwjloz9m6pz/thumbug.jpg
    i'm not sure what you mean by 'in regards to thumbnails'. what, exactly, are you doing when you get that error? also, what is that screenshot showing? i'm not sure how it's related to the error.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    So after you upload the thing then what do you do?

I am going through the normal submission process for a visual upload, so nothing special! Just that when I get to the stage where you select a thumbnail from your uploaded image (or upload a custom thumbnail) I see no preview image. So when I click continue, the error message I posted above.

Also, updated my screen shot circling the issue in red. Thumbnail doesn't show on my front page.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskiworks View Post
    I am going through the normal submission process for a visual upload, so nothing special! Just that when I get to the stage where you select a thumbnail from your uploaded image (or upload a custom thumbnail) I see no preview image. So when I click continue, the error message I posted above.

Also, updated my screen shot circling the issue in red. Thumbnail doesn't show on my front page.
    when you're on the first page of the submission process, are you specifying a file to use for the thumbnail?

Quote Originally Posted by weykent View Post
    when you're on the first page of the submission process, are you specifying a file to use for the thumbnail?
    Yes, I am! Does that make a difference you think? =)

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    yes, it does make a difference. every detail you provide helps.

anyway, I figured it out—your thumbnail got caught in a bad state while a program was running to remove unused files from the filesystem. apparently, you uploaded a new file using the thumbnail exactly between when the file was deleted from the filesystem and when it was deleted from the database. the new upload caused the database deletion to fail after the file already had been deleted from the filesystem.

so, you should be able to go ahead and just post new thumbnails now.