Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I tried that once. Never again.

Weasyl
    Joybit
    Technically my primary fursona is a Rock Dove (and my plan is to have a fullsuit of them in the near future.) I love birds of all sorts (even the buzzards that scavenge the nearby dumpsters) and plan on adopting one soon XD
    Rinpoe the Ringtail Fox and Joybit the Rock Dove
    Live in this profile
    --> 01B6D8CF <--

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Ummm, no. Birds don't tend to get along with me. I don't understand most of their interaction mannerisms either. Not to say all hate me. My grandmother has a green African parrot named Lurch who loved me and would do little butt-wiggle dances across my fingers. Let alone start choking up food to feed me. Weird, but sweet in its intent.

For my general lack of connection with birds I have no birdsonas or what have you. BUT I do have some old traditional art of four bird characters. And random birds can show up in my art at times.

This guy is a nice jock at a high school.
    Kirkpatrick

This one was a random sketch I where I came up with a tiny bit of back story and planned to put him into a fantasy setting.
    Wimble

Very old character for a fantasy RP I did back when Myspace was a thing and had Groups.
    Maur'Whist

More recent digital sketch of a Warforged I made (from Pathfinder D&D). He's not actually a bird, but he was made to have a bird-like appearance when he was rebuilt. He had been destroyed once but didn't die. Still his psyche was badly injured and he had no will to live as he was being reconstructed. My main Warforged, Dolen, asked him what he enjoyed in life or made him happy. He responded that the yellow birds would keep him company in the trees. So when he was remade he was fashioned to be a little like them.
    Ikteros

I have a whole series (really old) involving women and birds.
    Pact of the Lady

It's sad I don't have anything in color really other than this one freebie I did back when I was still trying to get the hang of making digital artwork. So it is pretty awkward.
    Dasaki

Weasyl
    maugryph

In real life I just think birds are the best animal species ever despite me not having any kind of domesticated bird.

Drawings... I think they're very hit or miss. I agree they could use more love, but in, well, beefy form >_>
    I do have pics of one. A gryphon. For complicated reasons I can't share them publicly. Which is a shame.

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    Wings are absolutely fun to draw...it's funny how when I first started they were stick limbs with feathers draped off of them but studying the form of folded and unfolded wings helps quite a bit, now I draw what resembles wings better than used to.

Although admittedly I could use more work on them, there are specific angles and bends to wings in flight that can be captured differently.

As for real birds...always been fond of African grays, I wanted one someday.

Weasyl
    Kai
    I never used to care much for birds, until I met my partner. His character is a raven, and he also had pet birds IRL. He taught me how to read birdy emotions and body language, and now I think they can be just the most adorable things ever! Right now we live with a white dove, who sings for us and gets really sassy over what shelves belong to her.

Hoping to make a raven mask in the coming year as well

Owls are like cats with wings.

Weasyl
    N/A