Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Suggestion] Don't count streams as notifications

... Because it really annoys me having to look at my notifications to figure out if someone has followed me/sent a friend request instead of starting a stream. It shouldn't group messages directly towards you with messages for followers.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I don't think that'd be fair for people who do want to see streams though. I mean, I get down whenever I see a stream instead of a follow but I don't think it should be taken away because my feelings get hurt.

Besides you can turn off stream notifications in your settings anyway.
    Last edited by Damian; 01-27-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Fayv
    you can edit if you get stream notifications.

settings> people> followed user> hit edit under a users name.
    You can adjust each user individually to say if you wanna see journals, submissions, or whatever.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I think it would be nice that it gives us a different notification icon if someone does stream. It's currently in the middle of the notifications as well. Due to their timing, it would be nice if it was in a different area of notification as well as the aforementioned icon.

Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I think it would be nice that it gives us a different notification icon if someone does stream. It's currently in the middle of the notifications as well. Due to their timing, it would be nice if it was in a different area of notification as well as the aforementioned icon.
    Agreed! I'd love a little icon.

I'd also like if streams could show what time they're operating on and 'expire' by themselves without requiring manual removal.

Weasyl
    willy
    I'd rather streams have their own separate icon to cut down on the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Reshy View Post
    I'd also like if streams could show what time they're operating on and 'expire' by themselves without requiring manual removal.
    This too. Though I'm a little iffy on it. Because I think then it would seem like artists have to give a specific time and everything even if they don't know how long they'll be streaming. In which people would just default to not specifying a time anyways.

Like by default it may delete itself after 24 hours unless a date and time for the stream is specified.

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Seconded, It would be really nice if it wasn't the same icon as the general notifications

Weasyl
    Bobskunk
    What about a separate streaming switchboard and announcement section? On it, you could manage your own stream status without going into profile settings, as well as seeing who on your list currently or planning on streaming. Maybe even let you swap between "watched users" and "all users" for streams. Maybe the switchboard could show users currently streaming and users streaming in the past few minutes. After all, it'd be a shame to miss your favorite artist's stream because their computer crashed right before you checked out who was streaming.

Maybe devs could look into detecting if someone's listing a big, API-having streaming location (livestream/ustream)? Pretty sure they've got calls that fire when the channel is connected/disconnected. That could make the actual status more automatic, though still allow them to announce or schedule a block ahead of time.