Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Weasyl
    xarg
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobskunk View Post
    Maybe devs could look into detecting if someone's listing a big, API-having streaming location (livestream/ustream)? Pretty sure they've got calls that fire when the channel is connected/disconnected. That could make the actual status more automatic, though still allow them to announce or schedule a block ahead of time.
    Pretty sure they don't have "calls that fire". If anything you would have to poll to see whether or not the channel is active at that very moment, and that would become conterproductive quickly.

This is something that should not be overengineered. They are just streaming notifications, this site is not a streaming service nor is it a such service by proxy. This is an art site. A new notification icon for streams? Yes. Being able to browse all active streams? Yes. Implementing a complex array of features that automate infrequent tasks that a streamer would take 30 seconds per day to perform manually? Not worth it.

Weasyl
    Bobskunk
    Quote Originally Posted by xarg View Post
    Pretty sure they don't have "calls that fire". If anything you would have to poll to see whether or not the channel is active at that very moment, and that would become conterproductive quickly.

This is something that should not be overengineered. They are just streaming notifications, this site is not a streaming service nor is it a such service by proxy. This is an art site. A new notification icon for streams? Yes. Being able to browse all active streams? Yes. Implementing a complex array of features that automate infrequent tasks that a streamer would take 30 seconds per day to perform manually? Not worth it.
    I know, it wouldn't be worth checking everything blindly at set intervals, that's not what i was suggesting at all.

http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...TML_Developers

If I misinterpreted connectionEvent and disconnectionEvent, then never mind! Still needs work, and I'm sure there are plenty of possibilities being considered.

No, I'm not trying to remove stream notifications altogether, I want my notification counter on the top bar to count them separately.

Really not sure about having weasyl check automatically for inactive streams. Would the artist take a break, and go temporarily offline, weasyl might end up checking for it when the artist is on a break and delete the stream assuming it's over

Weasyl
    foxboyprower
    I love the stream notifications and think they are helpful. I've visited more artist's streams via these notifications. But I do think the notifications should be temporary and remove themselves after the stream is finished somehow. Maybe the post can linger there for a specified amount of time by the artist's choice when they are posting the stream.