Panel Critique/Help

I've been trying to start up on a comic, and have been stuck on the third page two nights in a row now, so I figured hey, maybe the critique forum to get what's done so far (composition wise) critiqued and some help with what I'm stuck on.

https://www.weasyl.com/submission/415669/halp

I'm not even certain what sort of help I can get at this stage, but sometimes just talking to someone can get the cogs in my brain turning and I can figure something out. Like maybe force me to better think through what I'm trying to show and such.

Are you not sure how to continue the story? Sometimes it helps to make a list of the basic events you want to happen. For example:

M and S are walking through cave, worried that their father might find out what they're doing
    They approach an ornate door, reluctant to open it
    They line explosive canisters around the door, then blast it open
    The open doorway reveals the Candy Mountain Cave, inside which three unicorns are seen.
    One of the unicorns is about to have his kidney cut out - M and S stop the surgery.
    M and S celebrate their victory over the unicorns by eating candy.

From that basic list, you can start fleshing out a script. With a more complete script, it'll be easier to map out pages.

I already have the whole section for this planned out, I'm just having trouble figuring out how to draw what's happening so far and getting it to flow together right.

I don't know if it's that I've had a lot of big panels and it's just breaking the flow or something when I try to do smaller panels on the third page, or what, but everything I've drawn so far just feels awkward. Maybe I'm trying to fit too much per page starting with page 3 and need to spread it out further?

O I see what you mean,
    well for when he is pulling things out of his bag or passing them how about a close up of the cylinders.
    Also you could have a larger panel of him digging in his bag and talking etc.

Hmm yeah, I could try a few more bigger panels. I've been trying to force a smaller panel, since all of them have been super wide and I figured two pages of it was enough, I guess it's just not ready to be a small panel yet.

(silly me, part of what I've been doing with my art lately is to get myself to stop forcing things, and almost immediately in just the planning stage of something I bog down on trying to force something instead of trying a different approach...)
    Last edited by lorenith; 01-28-2014 at 01:15 AM.

O I know what you mean, I try not force things... But sometimes I have no choice because I want to improve.

I think you need to choose the box depending on what you want to show, sometimes you need to do big ones in a row and just see what it looks like.

As far as forcing things go, I'm trying to move past it because I tend to obsesses and don't make progress as a result. Whereas when I let go and just...go with it, I get more repetitions in and often improve as a result, or at least find a better way to draw what I'm trying to draw. (It's also more fun).

Thank you both for helping talk me through it.

Hey, no problem, talking helps you think. I think you should do what you feel and the you can edit or crop afterwards and see what you like.