Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    Hey its not really a shame, its a learning curve, one mistake made difficult to correct is one not forgotten.
    Oh no no, I totally agree. I'd just feel really bad telling her to redraw the whole thing when it's a request, she's already been putting a lot of time into it and has been absolutely a pleasure to chat and work with. ^^; If in this case there's an easy fix by adjusting the bag, then I say go for it with the lessons learned.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    See how the body is turned to use lot of power to put into the punch?
    Aaa that is a fabulous reference! Oh my gosh. Where did you happen to find this? My google-fu appears to be weak when it comes to finding specific kinds of images (boxing searches gave me spotty results, tae kwon do searches gave me nothing I needed) so if there's some repository of useful sporting images somewhere I would love to know. :3

Thank you for finding that!

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Oh no no, I totally agree. I'd just feel really bad telling her to redraw the whole thing when it's a request, she's already been putting a lot of time into it and has been absolutely a pleasure to chat and work with. ^^; If in this case there's an easy fix by adjusting the bag, then I say go for it with the lessons learned.
    D'aww. :3 You have been a pleasure to work with, yourself!

I'll do some noodling around this evening. If it looks like something that's going to require a lot of studies and time on my part to get that kind of shot down in a significantly better way, I may just make an adjustment to the bag and chalk it up to a learning experience. Or if a few tweaks improve it without a whole lot of time sunk into it, I'll go ahead and pursue those. We shall seeee.

And pfff, no worries re: my time. This is an excuse for me to push myself, really. And if I involve other people's characters, there's more of an incentive for me to finish. If it's just art for me, and I get frustrated and give up, I'm the only one who knows. So it's mutually beneficial! You get art, and I have an extra push to really do my best!
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgonops View Post
    Aaa that is a fabulous reference! Oh my gosh. Where did you happen to find this? My google-fu appears to be weak when it comes to finding specific kinds of images (boxing searches gave me spotty results, tae kwon do searches gave me nothing I needed) so if there's some repository of useful sporting images somewhere I would love to know. :3

Thank you for finding that!
    Sometimes when I am looking for references I search for proper form and how to tutorials. Sometimes I can get a good idea of how to draw a certain pose by watching and listening to the basic instructions.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I believe I used Punching bag hard and got an Ali shot. that guy was a powerhouse. I'm glad it helped out.

Weasyl
    Ruggy

Oh wow. I know nothing about boxing but even I can feel the power behind that!

I can't see the new picture, is it just me? D:

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    I can't see the new picture, is it just me? D:
    Shows for me. :< Here's a direct link, if that helps: http://i.imgur.com/xe5T2QD.jpg

Officially renaming him Raleigh Ali. :P See, now that's what I need to have as a forum icon. So many people have intimidating ones that are just asking for a bop on the nose!

I'm just kidding, anyone who has one of those. I will not punch you without permission. :P

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    I really am liking the way this pose flows much better, though I think I will need to noodle around with the positioning of the bag, so it maybe has some more forward motion or something? Something about it seems off with the adjusted pose. Hmmm.

And seriously you guys, thank you so much for the input so far! It's been so helpful! <3
    Last edited by Ruggy; 01-28-2014 at 12:30 AM.