Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I think what would make it dynamic is the arm curving over from the swing. Right now it's showing the impact of the punch, and not the swing.

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I think what would make it dynamic is the arm curving over from the swing. Right now it's showing the impact of the punch, and not the swing.
    QT gives great advice...

I think this was a great pose to challenge yourself with, i know I would find such a pose very challenging, well I do, actually, even just tryign to give my input lol.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Last edited by Ruggy; 01-30-2014 at 11:13 PM.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

I'll let the other artists comment on any technical stuff (though yes, looking at the bag is better), but I love the progression from the first sketch. xD Raleigh just gets more and more pissed off, it's hilarious. Also, it's given me a great idea; I'm going to write a short story to accompany this piece, once it's done. I can imagine oh so many fun things that would get him pissed off that badly, it's almost an embarrassment of riches for story ideas.

yup, murder your darlings, I know it so well...
    however If you want to show the hand you could change to one of those round bouncing bags, but the heavy bag makes it look more impressive....

any progress is good progress....

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Looks good, i like your line work

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Looks much better! I'd watch the mane and tail a bit so it doesn't look all the same especially since he's a horse. It looks like it's puffing out like a fox tail.