Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Ley
    THe last series I read was the 'City of Bones' and holy FUCK it was fantastic. I expected another stupid 'normal-girl-meets-scary-supernatural-boy-and-fall-in-love' genre but no, you got punched in the face at the end. It was great.

It sucks though, I usually don't have time to read books. Too busy workin' or drawing at school :/

I read a Finnish book called Kätilö (Midwife).
    It was about an SS-Oberststurmfuhrer and a finn's love under dreadful conditions in a mini consentration camp with manhunts and torture/rape everywhere.
    It was written in a very old speech style and hopped back and forth in time, which made it confusing when the time shift could happen more than three times in a section without telling about it.
    It was quite boring until the final third when it got good and things started happening.

Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    Ready Player One.

"In the year 2044, reality is an ugly place. The only time teenage Wade Watts really feels alive is when he's jacked into the virtual utopia known as the OASIS. Wade's devoted his life to studying the puzzles hidden within this world's digital confines—puzzles that are based on their creator's obsession with the pop culture of decades past and that promise massive power and fortune to whoever can unlock them.
    But when Wade stumbles upon the first clue, he finds himself beset by players willing to kill to take this ultimate prize. The race is on, and if Wade's going to survive, he'll have to win—and confront the real world he's always been so desperate to escape."

Weasyl
    spits
    Chuck Palahniuk's "Haunted" right now, but i read mostly at work and they've hounded me pretty rough for reading lately so it's taking a while.

Weasyl
    RedLeFrench
    I've been trying to read Terry Pratchett's The Truth for the past few months, but work got so hectic that I can't even find the time to read it, which saddens me quite a bit. And I've also been alternating between Eric Chahi's biography (creator of Another World) and The History of Nintendo, two really well documented and fascinating books from French company Pix N' Love, which I follow quite closely.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Is good book oh yes.

Weasyl
    RedLeFrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. Is good book oh yes.
    Agreed ! Can't wait to see how its official adaptation will turn out !

Weasyl
    Brace
    I'm on the last book of the Dark Tower series right now, although the books starting sucking so I'm only half-interested in finishing.

Kim Hyun Hee's The Tears of My Soul, or something like that I'd imagine the English name to be.
    It's written by a North Korean agent who blew up a passenger jet and killed 115 people onboard and is now telling her story and how she was manipulated by fear and brainwashing, and it gives a good insight to the practices of the communist party in there.
    Halfway done so far, nothing relating to the jet mission yet. She's told about her quite inhumane training schedule and early life and the events that lead her to become an agent.

I recently finished Brent Weeks' The Black Prism. Great stuff! I really enjoyed how fresh this novel felt.

I also got about halfway through Claire B. Dunkle's The Hollow Kingdom before I called it quits. Great fairy-tale-esque writing style, horrible premise (worse than Twilight).