Suggestion: Title/artist below thumbnails

Hi!

I was wondering if it would be possible to make the title of a submission and the submission's artist appear below the thumbnail, rather than having to mouse-over the thumbnail to see it? It just seems kind of clunky and unnecessary to have to mouse over each individual thumbnail to see who it's by, I like being able to see that info all at once by glancing through my submission inbox.

Or maybe if other people like the mouse-over, you guys could make it an option?

Sorry if this has been suggested before. D: Thanks!

Weasyl
    foxboyprower
    It would speed up going through notifications. It's a pain having to mouse over notifications like a mystery box I have to check just to see who made it.

Huh, they added it to the front page sometime in the last few hours. I just looked over and noticed, and it wasn't like that earlier today when I went through my notifications.

I don't have any to check if they did it there too though.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Socks the Fox View Post
    Huh, they added it to the front page sometime in the last few hours. I just looked over and noticed, and it wasn't like that earlier today when I went through my notifications.

I don't have any to check if they did it there too though.
    It does go through to the notifications.

Weasyl
    Swanda
    Oh man, this is so great!
    It looks rather messy still, but it is SO much more of an improvement than I had thought it would be!

THANK YOU!!! This is worlds better, and I never expected a suggestion to get implemented this quickly. You guys are the best.

Weasyl
    Aster
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanda View Post
    Oh man, this is so great!
    It looks rather messy still, but it is SO much more of an improvement than I had thought it would be!
    Care to clarify in what way it looks messy?

I think it actually looks better than FA and deviantArt's thumbnail systems, because dA crowds a whole slew of unneeded info underneath (and I am one of the awful plebeians who enjoys the dreaded square thumbnails). The only qualms I have about the current thumbnail display is that it looks a bit odd when a word from a long title is widowed on the second line, or when artists with long names title their submissions with one short word. But I can't think of any solutions for those. Oh, also, the front page is missing that nice subtle hover effect that shows up in the submission inbox.... I am still a sucker for subtle JS effects.

EDIT: But that is the pickiest of nit-picking, really.
    Last edited by Aster; 02-06-2014 at 02:48 AM.
    don't mind me; i'm just insane