Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard

Instruments you'd like to learn thread

There's plenty of talk of what you're doing, what you can do, how many times you did it etc going on

But nothing about what you'd like to be learning, doing, studying.
    So I figure I'd kick it off!

I'd love to learn to play the Banjo. Partially to play the bit from Deliverance, partly to do the Banjo Kazooie theme.

So, tell me, what about you guys?
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

Weasyl
    ZaryaRaccoon
    I need to learn guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by RainWizard View Post
    I'd love to learn to play the Banjo.
    You know, me too. What's sad is, we have a banjo in the basement, yet I cannot wrap my head around how to play it. This shouldn't be a problem for me because my guitar style is perfect for the banjo, but something's not clicking. Also would need to get the finger picking things.

Basically, I'd like to keep experimenting with other stringed instruments. I'd love to be able to play a violin or cello someday.

I really like the sound of the violin. I can't name a song I hate that has it, and some of my fave songs have the violin either in the back or as the lead instrument.
    It's just so beautiful and I'd like to produce that sound one day.

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    If I was gonna go for an orchestral instrument I'd probably go for the double bass, thing is sexy as hell
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I need to put the MIDI keyboard I have around into some realtime use and eventually actually learn to play stuff on it rather than just make chords and little pieces of melody. Once I can put my finger on the key which note I am hearing, things will get really awesome

I wanted to learn to play the flute. But I don't really have a need to so I don't think I ever will, same with the pipa. I think its an interesting instrument I'd love to play it.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I would really like to learn banjo, but it's very complicated.

I wish I had a synth so I can learn to play it

I've had a lifelong dream of learning to play the Cello. I just think it's such a beautiful instrument..