Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on prints

Okay so here's a thing

I was considering offering prints as an option for my commissioners? My school has a digital print service that's a bit more convenient and less expensive than kinkos or fedex and I could totally pull it for commissioners without it being terribly out of pocket.

So here's my question; In general, would the possibility of having a quality print sent to you increase the likelihood of commissioning somebody? This is of course assuming the commission is digital.

For me personally I think that'd be fantastic. My friend had sent me a print of something I commissioned her before just as a nice gesture and I was so excited when it came. Disappointed that I don't have room to put things in frames but the idea that I have a quality print still makes me fuzzy inside.
    Weasyl | DeviantART | Tumblr
    Always open for commission!

Weasyl
    N/A
    I know I'd personally love it! There would be a personal connection with a physical print, and say if one of your buyers was a follower of yours - it'd mean so much more to them. So yes, as an' option it'd be awesome and appeal to many! However, not something I'd make mandatory.

Weasyl
    Aakosir
    Definitely. I just recently bought three prints from one of my favorite artists. I can't afford a commission from them yet, but at least I now own three gorgeous pieces from them.

Weasyl
    willy
    I think it'd be pretty neat for more detailed works. It however, wouldn't really increase the likelihood just having the print. Price (within reason) and quality weigh more into that.

But it would be a nice option to have.

Weasyl
    Charrio
    Personally I've never had luck with selling prints, but then I'm not very good
    Many other artists have great luck with them

I want to try the wall scroll prints sometime
    Take a gander at my Gallery here, hope you like and brings a smile.
    https://www.weasyl.com/~charrio

Weasyl
    Rinzy
    Prints are cool, but I prefer something really nifty that's made just for print that's done in limited editions.

Weasyl
    lichdog
    I remember the guy who did the art for the Dreamkeepers comic sent a print version of the commission I got from him and a copy of a commission I bought a friend. I would think it'd be a nifty addon to say "I'll send you a print for x extra" as a convenience option c:

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    It wouldn't really affect me commissioning the person or not.

Weasyl
    dapper-rabbit
    I always love having prints of my favourite commissions, so I think it's a great idea to have the option to get one from you. Especially if it helps the artist more -since some people have to buy their prints from a middle man like society6 to help the artist- and having a physical copy makes it more special for me.

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    Well for me no it wouldnt. A lot people know that they can go on one of those print sites and just upload and buy a print or poster themselves.
    Now if yours were cheaper yea I would.
    But if you would be doing a higher resolution and making sure that everything is print quality hmmm that might change things.