Weasyl
    dapper-rabbit

*sobs* I Did it! - what about you?

Weasyl
    Vae
    I haven't particularly done anything different than I have been doing, aside from trying to fix my Sai brushes, really.

But I love designing outfits.
    They're so fun to play around with.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Charrio
    That's really nice, I have the same exact issue with males.
    I'm always drawing Females and PinUps, need to draw more guys
    Take a gander at my Gallery here, hope you like and brings a smile.
    https://www.weasyl.com/~charrio

Weasyl
    dapper-rabbit
    Thank you ^^ , it's so hard drawing the opposite when you're used to one. Males are so solid to me and all the curves are hard to get right on women. You should make it a weekly challenge for yourself or something to do when you're bored

Weasyl
    Charrio
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperRabbit View Post
    Thank you ^^ , it's so hard drawing the opposite when you're used to one. Males are so solid to me and all the curves are hard to get right on women. You should make it a weekly challenge for yourself or something to do when you're bored
    That's a really good idea, a weekly Male pic, I'm using that one.
    Thank you
    Take a gander at my Gallery here, hope you like and brings a smile.
    https://www.weasyl.com/~charrio

Weasyl
    dapper-rabbit
    No problem ! Thanks for the watch too

Weasyl
    Spixpanda
    Congrats! It's good to draw stuff you put off; goodness knows I need to do that more. May I suggest one thing? Dunno if you're open for any critique here, but I think making the line of her jaw less angular would increase the femininity of her look in a subtle way. Women can have angular jaws, for sure, but it's more uncommon.

I have a lot of drawing resolutions this year, but the one I'm currently working towards is making more expressive art. I've grown to used to "here is a character, standing x distance from the viewer, no perspective". It's really boring, and I want a change!

Weasyl
    lichdog
    It makes me happy when primarily all male artists draw women! I know it's strange terrain but IMO it's a lot of fun to play with your body types. You could do hefty women with a lotta curves. or Petite ladies with soft features, etc.

I'm sure you know that your first times doing anything won't be as awesome as you'd anticipate. Please keep trying. I really like her outfits so far ♥

Weasyl
    dapper-rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by SpixPanda View Post
    Congrats! It's good to draw stuff you put off; goodness knows I need to do that more. May I suggest one thing? Dunno if you're open for any critique here, but I think making the line of her jaw less angular would increase the femininity of her look in a subtle way. Women can have angular jaws, for sure, but it's more uncommon.

I have a lot of drawing resolutions this year, but the one I'm currently working towards is making more expressive art. I've grown to used to "here is a character, standing x distance from the viewer, no perspective". It's really boring, and I want a change!
    Thanks , no critiques are open as I'm rusty clearly with females. Yeah that sounds a good idea thanks, so used to the angular jaws of men. I wanted her quite a strong character with femininity so it's hard getting a balance, i'll soften it out though ^^

yeah I have a similar issue. That sounds a good one to work on. Giving a character emotion really adds to it's appeal. you could try drawing from references of expression ate people in photos. That helps me a lot with gestures ^^.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it's been a fun - if frustrating - challenge ! it was nice having a lot more flow of a female body type to draw. Well hefty-er people are another challenge all together (an extra thing to work on) -_-.

Indeed initial drawings are awful. Thank you, it's really encouraging to hear <3