Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Wrobel
    Quote Originally Posted by tachi View Post
    A Drag stock is a thumbhole, and under CA law that's still a pistol grip. The Solar Tactical grip wraps aren't the mag locks, they nullify a pistol grip so it's not a pistol grip under CA law, but is still kind of ergonomic. Converting a Saiga to a normal trigger isn't hard, you can do it with a file and an allen key (though a dremel to get through the rivets is much advised). Carolina Shooters Supply sell kits with different stock and grip options. It's been awhile since I checked but they might sell the Solar grip wraps too.
    Right. Right. Was more just saying I liked the drag style of stock if I went that way. But yeah with the thumbhole and all it still counts as a pistol grip and I'd need the wrap or I'd have to use a mag lock. The wraps just seem like they'd be awkward to use and honestly I would rather avoid both of them if possible. I appreciate the advice though, might look into it more in the future. ^^
    As long as I'm in California I think I'll live with the sporter, just wanted a more durable and better looking alternative, thus the wood idea.

Numrich should have the springs. I'll be flabberghasted and flubberghosted if they don't have springs. Might cost a bit...
    And I REALLY appreciate this
    Last edited by Wrobel; 01-28-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Glad I could help, Wrobel. ^_^

The way Cali law is worded, any stock/grip that forms an enclosed loop from the base of the grip to the stock is a thumbhole and thus illegal. So putting the wrap on a dragunov style stock would still be illegal. But by all means, if you can't make your rifle look evil then make it look classy. With some nice dark-red wood stocks on it the hammered steel of a Russian 8x would look really good on it.
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” -George Orwell

Weasyl
    Wrobel
    Quote Originally Posted by tachi View Post
    The way Cali law is worded, any stock/grip that forms an enclosed loop from the base of the grip to the stock is a thumbhole and thus illegal. So putting the wrap on a dragunov style stock would still be illegal.
    Ah see that, that I did not know! Thanks again!
    But by all means, if you can't make your rifle look evil then make it look classy. With some nice dark-red wood stocks on it the hammered steel of a Russian 8x would look really good on it.
    That's exactly the plan. I've been looking at the POSP types for a bit, trying to see where I want to go with that so I can replace the cheap optics it's got atm. ^^

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrobel View Post
    That's exactly the plan. I've been looking at the POSP types for a bit, trying to see where I want to go with that so I can replace the cheap optics it's got atm. ^^
    You can try Kalinka Optics. Just use credit, not debit when you order from them as they have a reputation for storing customer's info about as securely as Target.
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” -George Orwell

Weasyl
    Jaxinc

Weasyl
    Wrobel
    Yeah Kalinka's been my main option so far, they seem to have the best variety plus all the accessories and parts. Thanks for the heads up on payment though, that's the last thing in need to happen. ^^;

Weasyl
    Cani Lupine

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma

Just adding in that I have a S&W model 41 .22 target pistol. I also enjoy shooting a fuse recurve bow when I've had a rough day.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    A friend of mine wants to sell me an ak47 he snagged off a dead insurgent he took down in Iraq. Thinking about it, its still covered in blood stains and full of dirt. Id buy it right now but FC kinda killed my finaces for a few months.