Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Wrobel

Weasyl
    Tiido
    ^ The last one is really cool piece you got over there !

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    @ Wrobel, Ironwood make a wood Saiga sporter stock. You might be served better by converting it and using some surplus wood and a Solar Tactical slip-on to nullify the pistol grip.

And that pistol is nice. See if there's any paperwork to go with it, he likely would have had to fill out a bring back form or something. Keep that one in good condition.
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” -George Orwell

My mom wouldn't even allow guns in the house for the longest time. My dad, after serving in the Marines, wanted guns. However, I was the first in the family to buy a gun. I bought, last year at the local gun show, a 91/30 Izhevsk Mossin Nagant, stamped as 1942 for year of manufacture. After that, around May or June time frame, I bought a Ruger 10/22 tactical. My dad has a few guns himself now. I plan, within the next few months, to get a S&W SD40 pistol as well, an pershaps a 12 guage shot gun in the next year or so, though I'm still up in the air about the make and model of it.

Weasyl
    Chuchi
    I had a Mossberg 88 when I lived in the US. And during my law enforcement training, I was married to a Gen 4 Glock 17. Hnngg... I miss that gun. ♥
    ╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
    Something interesting about myself.
    ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Weasyl
    Tango
    Is this the unofficial "Weasyl Militia" thread? I am green with envy with some of the stuff you guys have. I think I need to start getting some for me so I'm not -completely- left behind.
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoDelahunt View Post
    Is this the unofficial "Weasyl Militia" thread? I am green with envy with some of the stuff you guys have. I think I need to start getting some for me so I'm not -completely- left behind.
    What flavor suits your pallete?
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” -George Orwell

Weasyl
    Tango
    Quote Originally Posted by tachi View Post
    What flavor suits your pallete?
    AR platforms due to being in the USMC. Other than that I'm more of a shotgun sort of guy. That's what I grew up on hunting with. As far as handguns I tend to like revolvers. I used to have a Ruger Redhawk in .357. Loud as hell but very smooth action and accurate as hell.
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    Wrobel
    Last edited by Wrobel; 01-27-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrobel View Post
    Ah yeah, you know what I have to deal with ^^. Honestly I like still being able to drop mags without tools and I'm kind of a fan of the sporter look. Plus I'm lacking the tools and it'll be months if at all before I can have a gunsmith convert it. I have been looking at some of the more dragunov style stock options though.
    Thanks for the heads up on Ironwood.
    A Drag stock is a thumbhole, and under CA law that's still a pistol grip. The Solar Tactical grip wraps aren't the mag locks, they nullify a pistol grip so it's not a pistol grip under CA law, but is still kind of ergonomic. Converting a Saiga to a normal trigger isn't hard, you can do it with a file and an allen key (though a dremel to get through the rivets is much advised). Carolina Shooters Supply sell kits with different stock and grip options. It's been awhile since I checked but they might sell the Solar grip wraps too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrobel View Post
    That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure he ever told my grandma where any of that was before he passed, and even if he did she's a bit too spaced out nowadays to remember. But its a sweet little pistol. Still shoots like a charm and accurate too(though we don't fire it too often for obvious reasons.) only issue is some wear on the spring.
    Numrich should have the springs. I'll be flabberghasted and flubberghosted if they don't have springs. Might cost a bit...