Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Well, there's the Serbu super-shorty, but the usefulness of that is debatable. I knew a guy who SBS'ed an old Browning Auto-5 so the barrel was no longer than the mag tube. If they worked better I'd want to do that to one of the Century Arms 1887 clones. Can't extend the mag tube, so might as well cut the barrel and thread it for a breaching choke. ^_^
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” -George Orwell

Weasyl
    Jim-Medic-Dude(NSFW), Jim
    The Serbus are cute but I don't know if they're right for me. Tiny magazne capacity and it's basically a point-n'-shoot configuration. I'd like to get a decent 870 or Mossy 500 with a 5-round tube and get the barrel flush with that. O: Then maybe give it an adjustable stock of some kind.

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    I'm more of the feeling that tube-mag shotguns need all the capacity they can reasonable gey. A Saiga/Vepr 12 would be the ideal SBS, a SBS 870/500 strikes me more as a specialty-use shotgun, for door breaching or beanbag rounds.
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” -George Orwell

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Wait, SBRs are legal in MI now? Thats awesome to hear. And I just realized that MI classifies anything under 26" a pistol O.o That means I could by law CC say a STG-556.

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh Whitefang View Post
    Wait, SBRs are legal in MI now? Thats awesome to hear. And I just realized that MI classifies anything under 26" a pistol O.o That means I could by law CC say a STG-556.
    You /could/, but its much more useful for being able to keep something rifle-caliber in your car, loaded and ready to go.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    I'm actively looking at pistol carbines atm, preferably one of the same caliber as my Springfield xd 40. And I can't believe im writing this, but I am liking the High Point carbines. Nothing fancy, kinda ugly, but its a no nonsense carbine. Its made in the U.S with a lifetime warranty and they are cheap.

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh Whitefang View Post
    I'm actively looking at pistol carbines atm, preferably one of the same caliber as my Springfield xd 40. And I can't believe im writing this, but I am liking the High Point carbines. Nothing fancy, kinda ugly, but its a no nonsense carbine. Its made in the U.S with a lifetime warranty and they are cheap.
    My issue with them are the magazines. No reliable high-caps that won't void that warranty. Kinda why I like the Mech-Tech glock upper. Even can get a very politically-incorrect collapsible wire stock for an extra dash of subgun feel and it works on any fullsize or compact glock frame. The downside is one has to first...[shudders] own a Glock first.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Quote Originally Posted by tachi View Post
    My issue with them are the magazines. No reliable high-caps that won't void that warranty. Kinda why I like the Mech-Tech glock upper. Even can get a very politically-incorrect collapsible wire stock for an extra dash of subgun feel and it works on any fullsize or compact glock frame. The downside is one has to first...[shudders] own a Glock first.
    Yeah, I noticed the mags were one size only. But the mags are cheap to buy so thats a slight compensation. The carbine I am looking at comes with 2 mags and a vertical foregrip. Plus I can put any any number of scopes on the rail. I'm gonna go look at one this weekend. If I get it I'll just have to learn to cycle clips really fast.

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Any gun plans for 2015? As soon as my car is squared away I want to get a CPX2, although with the video MAC just posted about that super-spicy 380 ammo, I think a Bersa Thunder Plus might be a viable alternative.

Weasyl
    Jim-Medic-Dude(NSFW), Jim
    I know I don't NEED the Glock 43... but would you just look at HOW CUTE it is. ;w;