Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    >AK-47/AKM/AK-74
    >Post '86

pick one
    You're a limey wanker, so I'll give you a good-faith pass on this one. The 1986 cutoff is a result of the 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act, which contained an amendment closing the registry for machine guns. MG's imported or manufactured after that date cannot be registered, and thus are illegal for anyone not holding special and expensive manufacturer or retailer licenses. The AK that Batty alludes to would theoretically have been brought in long after the closure of the registry, and as it could not be registered, is contraband that will land the possessor a ten-year junket in Club Fed. It is also entirely possible that the AK's in Iraq are Bulgarian and/or Romanian rifles manufactured after 1986, though the manufacture date of a machine gun in another country is of no consequence to its legality here.

Brace, I'm thinking about getting my CC license soon and I was thinking about a pocket pistol, either a Taurus PT22-Poly or a NAA Black Widow with the flip grip. How do you like your NAA?
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” -George Orwell

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by tachi View Post
    Tins of x54R are expensive to ship. The lowest after-shipping price I could find is $100 shipped from Copes Distributing. http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/7.62x54R It sounds like a cool theme for your file, why not post a photo of it? Just don't get a Charter Arms revolver, I've heard very unkind things about the quality of the frames and machining.
    I need to get a new phone first to upload a pic. My current one is a bit odd. Ive been looking into buying a tin at a gunshow but its just hard to get there before they're all gone. I. I posted this in the mugshot thread but it seems appropriate here as well.
    http://t.facdn.net/6725136@400-1319407919.jpg
    M16A1 at Knob Creek MG Shoot with a .50 Browning M2 in the background. I have one other of me with a M14 and a LAW in the background.

Weasyl
    Haedan

Weasyl
    Dreaming
    I've never seen a real firearm... :c Something I remember from years ago (I'm talking, like, the 90s), our neighbor had this ancient gun mounted to the wall in his garage, but it was so badly rusted it was barely even recognizable. I forget the story behind that, but I recall something along the lines of a warfare gun?

Weasyl
    Brace
    Quote Originally Posted by tachi View Post
    Brace, I'm thinking about getting my CC license soon and I was thinking about a pocket pistol, either a Taurus PT22-Poly or a NAA Black Widow with the flip grip. How do you like your NAA?
    It's well-made functionally, but has some holster wear already. Also, the 1 & 1/8th inch barrel model is known for keyholing. The sight system is also peculiar and takes some definite getting used to, but is completely functional. If you're getting the Black Widow then some of these things shouldn't be problems. If possible, you should test out the flip grip ahead of time though. It seems like a gimmick that might overcomplicate your draw.

Thanks for the explanation on the Hughes Amendment.
    Last edited by Brace; 02-08-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Last edited by Scifox; 02-13-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Weasyl
    Brace
    That Sharps is pretty. How much of a pain is it to clean?

I load my own .45-70, both black and smokeless. Really its not a pain at all for either, but the black is more time consuming. : )

- - - Updated - - -

Do you live in KY Black?
    Last edited by Scifox; 02-13-2014 at 08:52 PM.

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” -George Orwell

Weasyl
    Brace
    I sold my HP22A and Kel Tec. I also picked up an LCR .38 S&W spcl for $300 with the intention of flipping it, but haven't had any offers yet. Sucks. Also, the left grip to my sig got damaged and the pink pearl grips to my NAA .22lr broke and fell off in transport ;_;