Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Brace
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post
    A friend of mine wants to sell me an ak47 he snagged off a dead insurgent he took down in Iraq. Thinking about it, its still covered in blood stains and full of dirt. Id buy it right now but FC kinda killed my finaces for a few months.
    You might want to review the OP, which specifically says "do not use this thread to post anything illegal"...

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace View Post
    You might want to review the OP, which specifically says "do not use this thread to post anything illegal"...
    Its not illegal.

Weasyl
    Brace
    Its not illegal.
    Illegal importation of a firearm
    Possession of a post '86 machine gun (by definition unregistered)
    Possessing an NFA item in California
    Possessing a literal assault rifle in California
    Illegal private sale

Those are just the ones I know. If you're not bullshitting you could literally go to prison until you both die of old age.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Hahahaha, whatever you say wiki.
    It was something I was thinking of doing. Not something I am gunna do.
    This is something people in the military do all the time.

But if you wanna keep pulling wiki articles out of your ass, then please, do so.

Weasyl
    Brace
    Hahahaha, whatever you say wiki.
    It was something I was thinking of doing. Not something I am gunna do.
    This is something people in the military do all the time.

But if you wanna keep pulling wiki articles out of your ass, then please, do so.
    Alright. Since you're being pointlessly insistent on your multiple felonies, say hello to the ATF for me. I hope your friend enjoys meeting them too, I'm sure you'll remain fast friends after this.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Brace, assault weapons are not banned federally. Its a state to state issue on how the licenses are given out. Where I live its several thousand dollars to get that license as a private citizen. Second, if a individual was in the military, fbi, cia, or police force then they are legally able to purchase and own assault weapons (full automatic rifles and sub machine guns).

Weasyl
    Brace
    I'm aware of NFA regulations and the legal differences about them between states. What Batty described is illegal, unless his friend went to the trouble of converting the rifle both to semi-automatic and to a California legal configuration, all without removing the blood and dirt that are allegedly still stained on it.

It would be better if this thread weren't any more sidetracked by this issue. Suffice it to say I'm not happy to have this thread used to brazenly flaunt the law.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I have only my humble Mosin I've named Trixie, because its a Great and Powerful rifle. I wish the 7.62x54r was cheaper though. I hope to get a .38 revolver soon though. I love my rifle though, I really tried to make it more unique though so it almost look like a Native American had it in the late 1800s. A few pieces of colorful cloth hold some feathers to the stock around the barrel, a medicine bag holds a few rounds near the butt of the stock, and I hope to make a new leather sling but I don't want to get rid of the one that came with it. All the serials match so I like to believe the sling has been with it since 1943. There is some red on the sling like it could be blood but I think it might just be age/rust water touching the sling at some point in its 71 year history.

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfurredfox View Post
    I have only my humble Mosin I've named Trixie, because its a Great and Powerful rifle. I wish the 7.62x54r was cheaper though. I hope to get a .38 revolver soon though. I love my rifle though, I really tried to make it more unique though so it almost look like a Native American had it in the late 1800s. A few pieces of colorful cloth hold some feathers to the stock around the barrel, a medicine bag holds a few rounds near the butt of the stock, and I hope to make a new leather sling but I don't want to get rid of the one that came with it. All the serials match so I like to believe the sling has been with it since 1943. There is some red on the sling like it could be blood but I think it might just be age/rust water touching the sling at some point in its 71 year history.
    Tins of x54R are expensive to ship. The lowest after-shipping price I could find is $100 shipped from Copes Distributing. http://gun-deals.com/list/ammo/7.62x54R It sounds like a cool theme for your file, why not post a photo of it? Just don't get a Charter Arms revolver, I've heard very unkind things about the quality of the frames and machining.
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” -George Orwell

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace View Post
    Possession of a post '86 machine gun (by definition unregistered)
    >AK-47/AKM/AK-74
    >Post '86

pick one