Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Brace

Firearms general thread

Weasyl
    N/A
    Last edited by FishNChips; 01-25-2014 at 01:19 PM.

I have nothing, but I would like to own a KAR 98 or a Mosin 1890/30 at some point.
    Those are sone slick rifles.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    I have a Springfield Armory XD .40 subcompact that I carry. I am looking at getting historic guns as well.

Weasyl
    ZaryaRaccoon
    To my name I have a Ruger 10/22 and a Savage 22 hornet. No pictures, haven't even touched them in a while. But they're pretty. The former latter is a gift from my uncle, who got it from my grandfather, who got it when he was 10.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    I own a kimber .45 compact
    sks
    mosin
    Mak90
    870 pump
    522lr

Weasyl
    Tiido
    The closest things to a firearms I have are a Sega Menacer light gun (well, it is more like a cannon LOL) and some realistic handgun like looking famiclone light guns (not sure what exactly do they look like though, not an expert).

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Cool to see some gunner furries here too.

Currently I have a 16" AR-15, A1 sights and a Surefire clamped to the barrel. There's a recently-acquired Romanian SAR-3 next to her in the safe, with a Sears 300 auto 12ga just inside the door. On the top shelf are my two pistols, a Kareen Mk. III (Israeli browning hi power) and a surplus Israeli CZ-85.

Gibby, I read that there's some x-party member running for office in England who wants to abolish the handgun ban there. Seems worth supporting unless he's a total scrub in most other areas.

Weasyl
    Brace
    Quote Originally Posted by tachi View Post
    Cool to see some gunner furries here too.

Currently I have a 16" AR-15, A1 sights and a Surefire clamped to the barrel.
    Did you build this yourself? I've been trying to decide between build or buy for a modern sporting rifle or perhaps a battle rifle. I think I'd prefer to build, simply because I love having projects to work on almost more than I love the results of them. Only, I would need help navigating both pricing and quality.

Weasyl
    TheGloriousTachikoma
    Quote Originally Posted by Brace View Post
    Did you build this yourself? I've been trying to decide between build or buy for a modern sporting rifle or perhaps a battle rifle. I think I'd prefer to build, simply because I love having projects to work on almost more than I love the results of them. Only, I would need help navigating both pricing and quality.
    Kind of. I built the lower from parts but the uppers have been bought complete. You obviously need the combination wrench, a torque wrench, and something to hold the upper receiver in a vice while you torque the barrel. Pistols make better projects than an AR-15 IMHO because there's more to do. Research building a 1911 from parts. If you want a project...
    “That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” -George Orwell