Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tumblr artists: WHY?

Tumblr is a great place to be if you're a fanartist, but if the majority of your work is original, it's going to be a real struggle to get noticed.

Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffruff View Post
    Tumblr is a great place to be if you're a fanartist, but if the majority of your work is original, it's going to be a real struggle to get noticed.
    Don't I know it.

Sad truth; lots of people prefer fanart over OC's.
    I've seen artists who would draw fanart for a show or movie lose lots of followers once they moved on from that fandom and went back to uploading their original work, and people would leave them nasty messages about it.

=(

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    This is true almost anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Infestissumam View Post
    This is true almost anywhere.
    It's especially true on Tumblr.

That's every art site.

"So I have my original stuff here that has maybe 40 views... yet my Gargoyles fan art gets 40 views within an hour of posting."

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Case in point, that recent Youtube cartoon about Tumblr has the entire fucking site totally butthurt.

Funny enough, the video makes fun about how batshit and whiny they are, which is totally validated by how batshit and whiny they're reacting towards it.

HOLY CRAP! XDDD I am rolling on the floor laughing.
    Last edited by Digitalpotato; 02-12-2014 at 11:33 AM.

I'm kind of worried. Weasyl seems to be teeming with SJWs.
    And I can see why. With the Zaush affair, people migrated in droves to Weasyl because of FA's actions (or should I say inaction), and while some of these people were reasonable (since you don't want to be on a site where the admins try to cover up rape) others were the FurryScumbags type who claim that anyone asking for proof that someone was raped is automatically a rape apologist and/or evil fedora-wearing cishet male shitlord scum.
    I just hope Weasyl keeps on its promise to go after harassment regardless of race, religions, sex/gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing he's been on r/mensrights or r/theredpill which are basically the Bizarro version of Tumblr SJW blogs.

The sad thing is, I won't say where (It was not FA, btw, before you guys start instantly throwing accusations around.) someone in the chat described Weasyl as "The Tumblr of the Furry Fandom", and they referred to it as being where all the thin-skinned SJWs go. They were met with several other people agreeing with them, others pointing out "Well there is that Fa-exodus tumblr..." or "well these guys DO have a Tumblr...", before someone mentioned something X-rated and everyone instantly started drooling. (Those with a keen eye can probably make out where this was...)

And SJW... I call those guys Social Justice warriors in name only. Some dude yelled at me because I didn't refer to myself as a cisgender male - simply as a male. Because "omg that word has been used to oppress trans people to this day". Note how they will laugh at you if you request them to remove such other "historically oppressive" words and terms like "Hooligan", "Vandalize", "Hip Hip Hooray", and "Sold down the river" from their everyday vocabulary, nor will they get mad at a gay person for not referring to themselves as a "Homosexual". And oh my god, white people have never been the target of a genocide! Wait you're Armenian? We'll instantly start speaking to you way more politely - even if you're only of Armenian descent like the Kardashians.

Weasyl
    Vae
    I saw a Sailor Moon Tumblr that I follow recently get called out for saying something about the new Sailor Moon merchandise outbreak being "crazy," and they got bitched out for that, because supposedly that is "triggering" (actual word used) to someone with a mental condition.

Thankfully, the blog itself called out their bullshit.
    But still. What even in the fuck.

I want to think these kinds of people are just trolling, but sometimes I doubt it.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I saw a Sailor Moon Tumblr that I follow recently get called out for saying something about the new Sailor Moon merchandise outbreak being "crazy," and they got bitched out for that, because supposedly that is "triggering" (actual word used) to someone with a mental condition.

Thankfully, the blog itself called out their bullshit.
    But still. What even in the fuck.

I want to think these kinds of people are just trolling, but sometimes I doubt it.
    On the internet, it's hard to tell if someone's actually trolling or not.