Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Trianine

The Praise Thread

I know it can be tough running/maintaining a site. Especially in beta. Where lots of users are going to complain because things don't work the way they want, and you can't please everyone.

But I also wanted to acknowledge that most of the concerns I have had regarding the site have been resolved. In addition, you guys have swiftly dealt with the DDoS attack, and are chugging along steadily with the whole FA exodus thing.

You are doing a great job, and you deserve to be recognized for that.
    Last edited by Trianine; 01-25-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Clarity

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    indeed.

Weasyl
    KumatoraKazooie
    This site deserves praise from me for the tag filtration system. deviantART doesn't have one and it's been really annoying me.

Weasyl
    Ley
    The folders god the folders <3

I don't want to be labeled as a complainer either. You have done a great job for keeping this site going, and admins/moderators have responded quickly to concerns and problems.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    The two main things that I think are some of the most important things about websites is that they must make sure that the users know they are heard. This is very important, and I know there will always be those users who nitpick or complain aggressively, but they're still users.
    Make sure users are heard and make sure they know that you're listening to them.

The second one is even more important and I've noticed that a lot of websites fail this one... after making sure the users know they've been heard, it's important to work based on these suggestions and complaints.
    It would make no sense to continue saying "yes, we know of the issue, thank you for your report" over and over and over again without working on it, all it does is build mistrust, anger, and makes users less likely to even bother reporting things in the future.

I haven't been here on Weasyl for long but I've heard many good reviews about it and I'm confident that it will be able to uphold both of these tasks.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I do appreciate the attitude of the staff which has been a refreshing change.

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    I think all the people running it know that people are asking for things because they want to improve the site.

And thats the way things get noticed and improved.

Man I dont know where to start with things to praise about the site.

Ok top two I think are,
    1. The fact this site exists....thank you creator

2. So far I love our community. I mean really if it wasnt for the great people this would just be another shit site.

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I do appreciate the attitude of the staff which has been a refreshing change.
    I must say, the difference between Weasyl and the last art site I used is like night and day - both in functionality and staff. I'm sure there are numerous other users who feel the same way.

I do hope they can keep this up, stay proactive and avoid some of the mistakes other sites have made. After all, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I think that a big thing I enjoy is that I actually see main-site staff taking time out of their day to talk with the userbase in the forums, and not just in threads dedicated to issues about the site.
    I like to see staff of websites interacting with users on a non-staff level.