Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilSonic View Post
    With line work you mean...? If you mean how wobbily they look sometimes that's not really a problem with not knowing how to do straight lines (maybe?...) but because my hands are a little unsteady when I draw (but I guess I could try to redraw lines).

That's alright, if you wanna do that you can do it at a time convenient to you.
    Well they are wobbly and not really clean looking. kind of like tealmoon said they are crumbly. Not just straight lines but a lot of them. the details are not defined. like the fur one the jacket https://www.weasyl.com/~evilsonic/su...onic-janga.png
    kind of triangle kind of round, yet not defined and it looks like a rough copy. Even the hair, you draw it like the hair one solid piece.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by TealMoon View Post
    While it may be a stylistic choice to you, to others is looks messy and unfinished.
    Like a sketch that was colored in.

What program do you use?
    I don't believe this to be a program issue. I just believe it to be an experience issue. I don't want to come off hounding the OP more because I understand it can be sensitive topic . I think that time spent drawing more for fun and improvement at this time is a much better endeavor.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I don't believe this to be a program issue. I just believe it to be an experience issue. I don't want to come off hounding the OP more because I understand it can be sensitive topic . I think that time spent drawing more for fun and improvement at this time is a much better endeavor.
    I'm just curious, and maybe can point out a tool/brush type OP hasn't tried yet.

I kind of agree that this is the case, realizing that is another thing...

Weasyl
    EvilSonic
    While it may be a stylistic choice to you, to others is looks messy and unfinished.
    Like a sketch that was colored in.

What program do you use?
    I use Paint Tool SAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    Well they are wobbly and not really clean looking. kind of like tealmoon said they are crumbly. Not just straight lines but a lot of them. the details are not defined. like the fur one the jacket https://www.weasyl.com/~evilsonic/su...onic-janga.png
    kind of triangle kind of round, yet not defined and it looks like a rough copy. Even the hair, you draw it like the hair one solid piece.
    That's more of a doodle than a finished artwork but it is something to think about...

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I'm just curious, and maybe can point out a tool/brush type OP hasn't tried yet.
    I don't think it's the tool. I think doing so is not helping but blaming the wrong thing. Just because SAI has a stabilizer it doesn't make things magically better? Whether the lines are scratchy or smooth, the problem is making them mean something. I don't think a program can do that.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    I don't think it's the tool. I think doing so is not helping but blaming the wrong thing. Just because SAI has a stabilizer it doesn't make things magically better? Whether the lines are scratchy or smooth, the problem is making them mean something. I don't think a program can do that.
    True, but the stabilize can help those who have really shaky hands.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSonic View Post
    I use Paint Tool SAI.
    The linework looked like MSPaint. Instead of little lines, or going over the same spot repeatedly try long, sweeping lines.

Weasyl
    EvilSonic

Last edited by Sammacha; 01-26-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    The setting is set to Spread, which is attributing to the fuzzy line. If you want a simple line, go for Simple Circle, but I often use textures to create a fake grain like pencils.

But I think working on your why you're creating a line may help you out. What I mean is that often we draw lines just outlining instead of describing what we're drawing.

There's a lecture on this by Walt Stanchfield. http://www.animationmeat.com/pdf/mis...lazy_lines.pdf (This is a pDF file)