Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Weasyl
    EvilSonic

I did your question form, cause I figure I should give back to the critique forum.

I have to say, the two things you've posted in this thread are a really big improvement on the art I've looked at in your weasyl gallery, the main things I dinged you on in my form was proportion and anatomy.

I have no real input on lines, cause I'm not sure what exactly people are not liking about your lines. (I haven't been able to figure out if they don't like that they are a bit sketchy, or if they just don't like the line quality itself). My personal recommendation for line art is to do what suits you best, and just make sure you own it and go all the way to give the 'complete' look.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    There are blobs where the lines intersect. :I

Weasyl
    EvilSonic
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    I did your question form, cause I figure I should give back to the critique forum.

I have to say, the two things you've posted in this thread are a really big improvement on the art I've looked at in your weasyl gallery, the main things I dinged you on in my form was proportion and anatomy.

I have no real input on lines, cause I'm not sure what exactly people are not liking about your lines. (I haven't been able to figure out if they don't like that they are a bit sketchy, or if they just don't like the line quality itself). My personal recommendation for line art is to do what suits you best, and just make sure you own it and go all the way to give the 'complete' look.
    Well the line discussion did help me to get better settings I suppose, but it does confuse me a bit since it doesn't seem like something too important, I feel like me liking how it looks is more important since I'm not really trying to get a plain line.

Quote Originally Posted by TealMoon View Post
    There are blobs where the lines intersect. :I
    That's something I'll have to work on and will definitely avoid doing when/if I ever do commissions, so having that issue in art drawn for me isn't that much of an issue.

I do agree the changes to your lines on suggestions so far have been an improvement.

What I'd like to ask, because you want the lines to look in a way that you like, is what do you like?

Find some artists that show the perfect example of what you want your lines to look like. And then show them to everyone here so that they know what you are striving for.

Because if you aren't interested in "clean" line work, than some of the help you're getting right now isn't going to help you get your art where you personally want it to be.

If it is, then you do need to work on things like "blobs" at intersection, and line variation/weight, and spacing.

Weasyl
    EvilSonic
    Really, I'm content with the lines now so I don't think I should make any more changes... I'd get some examples but for other's it's mostly cause I like how they use it but I wouldn't use it myself (if this sentence makes any sense).

I think what I need most are some references for dynamic posing (getting better at this but not good enough to where the proportions aren't messed up somewhere), perspective, and whatnot... I think interactive refs would work best but I have trouble finding those.

Weasyl
    QTMelon

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Is there a form to critique your critique form? :v
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    EvilSonic

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    If it's what you like doing I believe we hit a dead end. The problem is you asked if you were ready for commissions. I think you should just draw what you want and enjoy doing it. There isn't really anything wrong drawing for fun. However while those problems are apparent and you don't want to learn or improve then I think you've hit a dead end in doing commissions.