Production Niches - What's Yours?

I'm new here, and I was wondering what other music + SFX furs here are most comfortable working in / specialized in for their productions. Myself, a fair chunk of my work is the study and creation of ambient pieces, especially where it creates horror or other similar experiences.

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I use a whole bunch of Yamaha things to create my stuff (in combination with software I have created). I aim to create Italo Disco, Eurobeat and Spacesynth but always end up with something vaguely that and whole lot of "me" haha.

I use alchemy for iPad, I also have a flute I got from the Bahamas but I only used it once to make a doom cover of map01

Weasyl
    BlackStatic
    I suppose my niches change from time to time depending on what I aim to improve on. Right now my main area of interest is on syncopated percussion, breakbeats, getting alternate rhythms/time signatures down to eventually get out of the 4/4 comfort zone. A friend of mine got me to try out the demo of Renoise and for a tracking DAW, I love it.

Weasyl
    Greg Striata
    I've tried moving into Ableton after using FL for 7 years but I just

Everything is everywhere I don't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    I don't even want to know what the fuck Greg's fursona is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    help me

Weasyl
    BlackStatic
    ^See I never really understood the appeal of Ableton or FL studio. FL seems too bulky for my liking (then again I never really ran it on a ballsy computer) and Ableton's DAW is unappealing given my method of production. So my niche would really be trackers? Idek.
    Last edited by BlackStatic; 03-17-2014 at 02:14 AM.

Weasyl
    Tiido
    Trackers can be wonderful ! I do all my stuff in ones I have made.

Weasyl
    entsaex_accordingly
    I do a lot of found object/sampling stuff that I turn into outrageous, inaccessible glitch music that no one can tolerate. \( ‘з’)/

Weasyl
    Klavi
    I'm a cheapy mc. cheapskate and use a total of around $30 of synths on a gifted iPad, and endlessly using the evaluation copy of Reaper.

I don't really know what I make. I feel comfortable producing and releasing IDM/downtempo/ambientish things? Although I've written music in almost every single genre I've ever listened to- Classical piano, Trance, Hardcore punk, Symphonic power metal... but the guitarstuff is unlikely to ever see the light of day because I don't own any gear.
    soundcloud.com/klavierr
    klavierr.tumblr.com