Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I like the charcoal drawings - did you use those thin charcoal sticks (I think it was vine charcoal)? I always found those easier to manage.

Your overall figure studies are very lovely! It's so fun to have a model in front of you I miss it xD

Weasyl
    Kaliaen
    Those digital studies are looking lovely! Out of curiosity, how long did you have for each pose?

really nicely done but damn, I would trade using my computer for a pencil any day!

Weasyl
    Lunarius
    insanejoker: I use a variety of sizes of willow charcoal since it's super soft and, usually, I'm drawing on newsprint. I really like working with charcoal but I keep my nails long, so sometimes it's a struggle to grip the charcoal when I've worked it down to nubs.

Thank you! I really like having the models; I never realized how different it would be than using a photo or rendered reference. It's so nice to be able to ask "Hey, could you twist a little that way?" It's also nice when they allow me to take photos for later use.

Kaliaen: Thanks! On average we have between five to ten minutes for the warmups. If our model is good for it we'll have twenty or thirty minute poses. Some of the more worked sketches are from those longer periods, though I admit I have a bad habit of trashing sketches that aren't going well and starting over--so some of my long-poses are actually broken down into five minute segments.

Sammacha: Thankya! As much as I love bringing in the computer I think I'll go back to working with charcoals and pencils after spring break; I'm comfortable with a computer but I'm out of my element with traditional mediums. I need to push myself with those until I can switch back and forth and feel comfortable either way. I do love the ease of having an undo function, though!

Sammacha: Thankya! As much as I love bringing in the computer I think I'll go back to working with charcoals and pencils after spring break; I'm comfortable with a computer but I'm out of my element with traditional mediums. I need to push myself with those until I can switch back and forth and feel comfortable either way. I do love the ease of having an undo function, though![/QUOTE]

True! I love traditional media but i do a lot of digital drawing as well.
    The undo function is great but I personally don't use it unless in a time restraint lol

Weasyl
    Lunarius

Weasyl
    Kaliaen
    Looking lovely! The shading on the figures face and legs is beautifully done; I'm really loving those hints of yellow in the highlights. Only thing I'd suggest is maybe to bring some wrinkles and folds into the green cloth so it has the same sense of depth the rest of the piece has. Keep up the awesome work; I'm looking forward to seeing more of this!

Wow, your studies are absolutely stunning! I can tell you've learned a lot from drawing life! You must really love art to be so dedicated too. I want to see more of your work.

It's really amazing.
    Inactive account

Weasyl
    Lunarius
    Kaliaen: The vest is eventually to resemble boiled leather, but I agree that I need some wrinkles and folds to imply the thickness of the material. Thank you very much!

Archidae: My goodness, thank you so much! I'm trying to work on as many of my midterm requirements as I can while I have spring vacation from my classes, so hopefully I'll have some more stuff to post when I'm done! And maybe even some new stuff after all of that's taken care of! :D

Weasyl
    Lunarius
    Last edited by Lunarius; 03-15-2014 at 10:09 PM.