Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Wacom Tablets

Weasyl
    JRWenzel
    Quote Originally Posted by spacerogue View Post
    Don't know about updating to I5, I'm no fan of touch tools, I don't even use the side buttons of any tablet and I'd rather have one without all that jazz, but the ones without them are not of size I'd even want to go to.
    I do not want to interact with my workstation like it was a smartphone . . . I do use the side controls as well as additional input devices to enhance my work flow though.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I actually wish my cintiq had touch since I am used to using those gestures on a screen.

Also a majority of keyboard shortcuts are to be used with your left hand. For someone drawing with their right hand it is less of an issue, but I draw with my left. I find it disruptive to use the keyboard shortcuts and program them into my tablet instead.
    Last edited by QT Melon; 02-27-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Weasyl
    JRWenzel
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Also a majority of keyboard shortcuts are to be used with your left hand. For someone drawing with their right hand it is less of an issue, but I draw with my left. I find it disruptive to use the keyboard shortcuts and program them into my tablet instead.
    Ever try a programmable keypad? You place it where you want, it's not right/left hand specific and and most are highly customizable. (the X-keys XK-24 USB Keypad is a good basic model).

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by JRWenzel View Post
    Ever try a programmable keypad? You place it where you want, it's not right/left hand specific and and most are highly customizable. (the X-keys XK-24 USB Keypad is a good basic model).
    Why would I do that when I have express keys? That seems counter productive to why I like the product line.

Weasyl
    JRWenzel
    Why would I do that when I have express keys? That seems counter productive to why I like the product line.
    It would be to supplement the functionality of the interface not supplant the express keys.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    The express keys are a solution to me. Given that I don't have to touch a keyboard and can add in more commands especially since your conversation was about avoiding the express keys on something that costs so much. I would not find it wise to spend additional money on something that you're avoiding but use it to your advantage. I also stated why as a person who uses the left hand that this is a much more ideal solution.

If I want more subcommands, I use the Radial menu - http://blogs.wacom.com/2013/05/16/us...p-radial-menu/

All the ones I use the most are on my express keys and dual switch, especially on the fly brush sizing. http://qtmelon.tumblr.com/post/38021...nter-12-i-will and http://qtmelon.tumblr.com/post/26799...e-some-general

I usually get rid of Precision mode since I don't need it and substitute it for Radial menu. Haven't needed to reach the keyboard for much in years, smoother experience.

Weasyl
    JRWenzel
    The express keys are a solution to me. Given that I don't have to touch a keyboard and can add in more commands especially since your conversation was about avoiding the express keys on something that costs so much. I would not find it wise to spend additional money on something that you're avoiding but use it to your advantage. I also stated why as a person who uses the left hand that this is a much more ideal solution.

If I want more subcommands, I use the Radial menu - http://blogs.wacom.com/2013/05/16/us...p-radial-menu/

All the ones I use the most are on my express keys and dual switch, especially on the fly brush sizing. http://qtmelon.tumblr.com/post/38021...nter-12-i-will and http://qtmelon.tumblr.com/post/26799...e-some-general

I usually get rid of Precision mode since I don't need it and substitute it for Radial menu. Haven't needed to reach the keyboard for much in years, smoother experience.

I guess I'm just old-school . . . I like buttons, t-bars, knobs, sliders, jog-shuttles and joysticks. in addition to and alongside my tablet and it's various pointing devices. *shrug*

Weasyl
    t_iii
    I use a Cintiq 12WX, bought it when I graduated from university as my previous tablets were all £100-ish things that were okay but the pens could be pretty fragile.

If I ever had enough cash I'd definitely consider upgrading to a 13HD or one of the larger HD/touch models. Since I work from a desktop machine I don't really have any need for portability but it would be nice to be able to have my Cintiq share the same resolution as my main monitor display.

Weasyl
    Art Vulpine
    I use a Wacom Bamboo Create. Unfortunately Wcom doesn't make the Create, only a general Bamboo. It does well as a tablet, the only drawback being is its not wireless.
    DeviantArt FurAffinity

Imagination is the Source of Creativity!

I have a Wacom Intuos5 Large. Love it. Saved several paychecks to get it and I've been pleased with it ever since :)