Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Wacom Tablets

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #41

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    The Spyder even with updates is not properly calibrating my multiple monitors and refuses to read my IPS led monitor.
    Odd. I've used mine with matte IPS, matte TN, glossy IPS and glossy TN panels with no dramas. My desktop uses matte TN + glossy IPS, and I'm temporarily using a glossy TN panel in a laptop that normally uses matte IPS (which is driving me nucking futs because it's a terrible panel and required calibration to be halfway usable).

Not sure if the vendor's software is garbage or the Spyder 3 is simply a more cooperative instrument than the 2 or 4. Have you been using the vendor supplied software or something else? dispcalGUI and the back end it uses (Argyll CMS) are both cross-platform and may be a workable alternative.
    Last edited by Hendikins; 02-18-2014 at 01:01 AM.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I was using a Spyder 3. It's not compatible with my LED monitors. I haven't been happy with the results since I had it which is why I'm going to go with Xrite

That reminds me! I got a Wacom Bamboo Fun on eBay for a flippin' buck. There's no pen included, but the stylus from my Graphire 3 will do quite nicely as a replacement. Moo hoo ha ha haa!

I own the Wacom Bamboo, CTH-670
    I used to use the genius tablet though ^^

I really want one of those that have the display right on them ;__;
    Way out of my price range though u__u
    Maybe when I win the lottery X'D

Weasyl
    jerry
    I have a Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet bought a while back. Sketching with this thing absolutely doesn't work for me. But I guess it'll be useful for colouring.

I recently got a used Lenovo Thinkpad X61 tablet, love that thing! Since it had a Wacom digitizer, it actually has quite acceptable performances for art! I just need to figure out why pressure sensitivity doesn't work... ;__;

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post

I recently got a used Lenovo Thinkpad X61 tablet, love that thing! Since it had a Wacom digitizer, it actually has quite acceptable performances for art! I just need to figure out why pressure sensitivity doesn't work... ;__;
    Did you install the driver for it? http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/down...DocID=DS004071

Weasyl
    jerry
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    It went with a fresh install of Vista. Drivers are supposedly pre-installed, but it says that no drivers are found when I click on the icon. I tried reinstalling the drivers, and the tablet part would just not work at all anymore. Eventually it started working again, but still no pressure sensitivity. And clicking on the driver's icon does absolutely nothing now. No error message...

Otherwise the tablet screen works just fine. BTW the driver in your link seems to be for Thinkpad W700s, would it still work on an x61?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Technically they should all be Penabled technology, but this might have a better solution

http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver

I ran the disk install that came with mine anyway as the windows drivers are almost always decades out of date. The discs usually aren't much better but at least tend to come with auto-update utilities.