Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Wacom Tablets

Weasyl
    Autumnstorm
    I'm also using a Bamboo Fun when I do digital things, it's been a decent starter tablet so far.
    Avatar image created by BenjiUki!

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    I'd really like to get a Cintiq someday if I ever win the lottery or something. It'd be nice to have the image right in front of you while you make it, plus then I wouldn't have to sit hunched over my lap all the time.
    Depending on where you sit where you draw, I've found that a thick pillow or two in my lap with crossed legs does wonders on my back while working on digital art.
    I could never ever get the hang of drawing with the tablet flat on the desk.

Weasyl
    Jaxinc
    Intuos3 6x8/Medium

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    Depending on where you sit where you draw, I've found that a thick pillow or two in my lap with crossed legs does wonders on my back while working on digital art.
    I could never ever get the hang of drawing with the tablet flat on the desk.
    I sit on my shitty hospital cot dorm bed and have my tablet on my lap. Since I use a laptop I don't like using desks, it makes the keyboard too high and the screen too low. If I try putting my tablet on a surface, like a table, I get some really weird-looking shit.

I'm also not very tall so there's that too.

Intuos 4 medium, it's a handy wee thing and works pretty well with my giant hands

I'm pretty happy with my Bamboo Capture tablet (CTH-470L), has size enough to draw, but is portable enough to move around my house easily (I use it with my laptop). I'm in love with it :3

I started with the first intuos, then went to a Intuos3 6x8 for a long time.

After years of drooling, I finally saved up for a Cintiq 24HD. I love it, but I'm still getting used to it. I have issues with getting accurate colors on it and using the ExpressKeys since keyboard access isn't so convenient anymore. Also there's a serious lack of desk space since this monster took over.

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFriend View Post
    After years of drooling, I finally saved up for a Cintiq 24HD. I love it, but I'm still getting used to it. I have issues with getting accurate colors on it
    I'm gathering that particular device is treated as a display with a digitiser attached by the operating system? If so, you should be able to calibrate it like any other display.

For that you'll want a colour measuring instrument and software to generate an ICC profile for each display. You then need to configure your operating system to use the generated profiles.

I use a Datacolor Spyder 3 with a front end for Argyll CMS to handle display calibration, although there are other instuments available for the task and they generally include software for Windows and MacOS X.

I'm still using my old Wacom White for 7 years now. I really love it, but it's aging really bad I'd like to buy one, especially for better drivers, because right now it's a guess game to install the proper ones. The latest version didn't work and I had to install previous versions until I made it work. Now I have a post it under it to remember the installer I have to download everytime I format my PC.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Yes I believe the 24HD is weighing in at 60 lbs? I used to use a Spyder, but after talking with other artists going to be using Xrite. Especially since the Spyder even with updates is not properly calibrating my multiple monitors and refuses to read my IPS led monitor.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007V9...676155&sr=8-11