Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Wacom Tablets

Weasyl
    crazy-luna
    I have a Intous 5 medium tablet as my main tablet and I have a few back up bamboo tablets of different models.
    Sleep, tea, art + insanity

I am dyslexic and I am sorry if I ever miss spell something

Weasyl
    Myst
    Still using an old Bamboo FUN, the small silver model. The grip has completely worn off on the pen, the eraser end no longer works, and I'm on my final nib… but I still love it.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #63

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Started off with a small Graphire 2 when I was about...13 I think. Saved up and bought it for myself. Then I got an 8x6 Graphire 4 for my birthday. Not sure which, I think maybe 17th? The Graphire 2 I had was still working but I wanted an upgrade, ended up giving the old tablet away to spazkid since he didn't have a tablet at the time.

Graphire 4 still works excellently, though I had to replace the pen since the rubber grip had fallen apart off of it and made it too painful to hold without it. Replaced it with a bamboo pen.

I was thinking of getting an Intuos at some point (I guess now an Intuos Pro or an older model, since Intuos 5 merged with the bamboo tablets), but I might end up trying a monoprice tablet since I've heard good things about them. I'd also feel kind of weird/bad for getting a fairly expensive tablet since the kind of stuff I draw doesn't feel like it'd be worth the price.

Weasyl
    Tiido
    What happens when you use a different model pen (but still Wacom) ? Is there any loss or gain of functionality ? Or no operation ? Or all ?

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #65

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiido View Post
    What happens when you use a different model pen (but still Wacom) ? Is there any loss or gain of functionality ? Or no operation ? Or all ?
    I'm figuring it depends on the model? I just know bamboo pens worked on the graphire 4 but I have no idea of anything else.

It was the same functionality when I used a different pen at least.

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I have read that it should work.
    Why I asked is because I will buy a Toshiba Tecra M4 or Lenovo Thinkpad X60 or X61 tablet/laptop combo and lot of them are missing pens. They are all using Wacom tech. I guess I'll find it out in person, I have one iffy Intuos pen that I can try to use. If that one doesn't work I'll look for original pen.
    The pens all seem to be pretty expensive...