Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Soundtracks!

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    I love the fear and loathing in las vegas soundtrack

Jeremy Soule, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimamura and Nobuo Uematsu all come to mind as brilliant composers (they deal more with video games, though - I really don't watch much TV/movie stuff). Yasunori Mitsuda is probably best known for his work on the Chrono Trigger soundtrack. Nobuo Uematsu has done tons of work for Square over the years, from Final Fantasy to a little bit of Chrono Trigger and some of Kingdom Hearts' music. Yoko Shimamura has done a lot of music for Kingdom Hearts. Jeremy Soule has done a LOT of stuff, from the RTS Total Annihilation to Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights, and Guild Wars.
    Last edited by Tycho; 01-24-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Weasyl
    Greykitty
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    No love for Ramin Djawadi?

Yes He is quite awesome too. I have several scores by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    Does anyone else listen to Yanni?
    I don't but I really enjoyed that one. I'll have to look up some more of his stuff.
    Last edited by Greykitty; 01-24-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I am also a big Susumu Hirasawa fan

Weasyl
    Saga
    I know this is from the series everyone loves to hate, but the soundtrack for this game was just omegawd

This particular version of the normal theme comes out after level 100 in zombies, and when playing the campaign on veteran.

Also, this makes me moist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcgJnbCul-0
    ohohoh and last edit I promise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pul2Z-4b9E
    Last edited by Saga; 01-24-2014 at 07:20 PM. Reason: SOGGY

Weasyl
    Carnau / Issy / Isra
    Okami soundtrack is wonderful in my opinion. Even better when you listen to the piano versions of the songs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEdlreq7sYs
    Quote Originally Posted by voicebox64
    Now he can have all the turkey with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes, butter drenched dressing and tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce he wants.

As far as video game soundtracks, I've got Halo 1, 2v1, 2v2 & 3. I've got the Diablo music (<3 Tristram from d2), and TES:M,O,&S. I also managed to convert Age of Wonders 1's, and for some reason all of the Merry-go-round music from RCT1. Finally, of the noteworthy music I have the absolutely beautiful Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader soundtracks, both awesomely available for free at http://stronghold.heavengames.com (downloads, misc files, sort by rating, all the ones uploaded by the composer Robert Euvino).

For movie soundtracks, I actually don't have nearly as much, the only super noteworthy thing is the FF7AC soundtrack.

However, the big thing in my playlist, I am just a few albums away from having all of the Homestuck music. All of it. There's some really awesome stuff, with a wide range of emotions from silly to serious to sad to happy.

Eric Serra's work with the Fifth Element's OST is astonishong.
    That movie's music keeps dragging me back to the screen without a fail.
    Yann tiersen is good too. I know how to play one of Amelie's songs on piano and I can play it left hand right hand, just not combined

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    Eric Serra's work with the Fifth Element's OST is astonishong.
    That movie's music keeps dragging me back to the screen without a fail.
    Yann tiersen is good too. I know how to play one of Amelie's songs on piano and I can play it left hand right hand, just not combined
    La Valse D'amelie? I just printed it out ; v ; It's so much fun! I can sortakinda play it. Just not at full speed ;c And I retake a lot

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    La Valse D'amelie? I just printed it out ; v ; It's so much fun! I can sortakinda play it. Just not at full speed ;c And I retake a lot
    Ah the one I know is the Comptine D' un autre ete.
    I cant play the fast bit around the one min mark though. Haven't even tried it yet. I always wanted to learn the previous parts played together.