Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Job Hunting?

Weasyl
    Haru Totetsu
    Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, Great Britain, England, Cheshire, Stalybridge
    My luck is as strong as a toothpick...nothing so far...but I've not given up...even with my mental condition, slipping.

I have a work-study job doing research with a professor.

I need a better job while in college, I'm grateful for the one I have now. But food service is absolute misery.

Weasyl
    magenta
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    Move to Quebec, the jobs will be hunting for YOU.
    If you speak French!

Yeah, Ontario here and the market is really depressed. I've had quite a lot of
    trouble finding a steady in-house job, though I've done a lot of contract work since.

On a total side note, I would love to go work in Montreal and live in Habitat X3

I work in food service and it's the worst! Graduated from college a few months ago, had a few interviews but haven't gotten anything yet. Just a matter of time if you really keep on looking. Just keep trying.

I got another interview today but so far no luck with the job hunt. The restaurants seem more likely to call me in for an interview, however.

Weasyl
    Yandere
    I was job hunting for a long time there for a while. Then my mother quit her job and we had little income and I couldn't take on a load of commissions so I started applying everywhere I could. I finally got landed an interview. And wam bam I got a job. I'ts as a packer at a food processing plant . It hard work in 40 degrees. my whole body hurts. But It's full time , the benefits are great ( I mean really the insurance alone is worth the job but the benefits and discounts you can get are crazy. My pay is 8 something but if I don't call in and I'm not later it gets bumped up too 9 Theres bonuses out was zu as well. ) So far i really like it even though whole body hurts.

For people looking for job's I'd suggest looking outside the box .
    Last edited by yandere; 10-05-2012 at 07:39 PM.

But isn't your job working with boxes? C:

Weasyl
    Yandere
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuvvums View Post
    But isn't your job working with boxes? C:
    :,D

Weasyl
    Rooc
    Both me, my bf, and my sister have been looking for jobs since the year before last. Me and my sister both got called in to Dairy Queen but she's the one who got the job, but now she's working for her bf's mother's store.
    My bf put in more applications that me and my sister combined and only got one interview and was hired this year at Subway because we started frequenting there in the mornings before school and he got to know the manager (the manager now works in another Subway; she was real corrupt anyhow but that's another story).
    Other than the DQ, I got called in at a little convenience store in town but didn't get hired because I was attending college (it'd be "too hard" to schedule around 2 days a week) and that they wanted an "older lady" (I'm 22 years old lol). Then I found out that they hired a kid from the high-school. Go figure : P

But college just started up last month so I've been focusing on that. I do take art commissions so that's kind of a job, I guess.