Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Job Hunting?

Job Hunting?

I was curious how other people are doing with job hunting if they're looking for a job. I heard job hunting is a job in and of itself, and I could see why. I decided to step it up and today I applied for 26 jobs and it took about 6-7 hours to do. I'm really hoping it pays off.

I also don't like online/computerized job applications if only because of how tedious the questionnaires are. There was one of them that was 12 pages long, and had about 10-15 questions per page, and a lot of them were very redundant or asked something that was just about the same.

So how's job hunting going on your guy's part?

Applied to a few university work-study jobs.

Nothing back yet.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Ill be eligible for the class I want to study in 2014, so meanwhile I'm on social welfare. I already think I get too much monies (holy shit 934$/month), so I don't need a job. But if I did, I could just go anywhere and get a job right away.

Every single place is practically trying to BUY workers, the complete opposite of the economic situation in the US.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I've been job hunting since late 2009 when I left high school.
    Not a single callback. I've done every method I can and taken the advice and critique of my parents and elders. I don't know how my friends have jobs and I don't. D:

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasune View Post
    I've been job hunting since late 2009 when I left high school.
    Not a single callback. I've done every method I can and taken the advice and critique of my parents and elders. I don't know how my friends have jobs and I don't. D:
    Move to Quebec, the jobs will be hunting for YOU.

I supposedly heard some of it is having the right connections which I have a few now. Hopefully that helps.

Good luck! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Wuvvums View Post
    I was curious how other people are doing with job hunting if they're looking for a job. I heard job hunting is a job in and of itself, and I could see why. I decided to step it up and today I applied for 26 jobs and it took about 6-7 hours to do. I'm really hoping it pays off.

I also don't like online/computerized job applications if only because of how tedious the questionnaires are. There was one of them that was 12 pages long, and had about 10-15 questions per page, and a lot of them were very redundant or asked something that was just about the same.

So how's job hunting going on your guy's part?
    Was it Michael's with that horribly long questionnaire? They're really awful ;;

I've been trying to get a job, but I'm also trying to get my etsy shop off the ground. It seems to be working well enough, I just got a commission for some pony custom keychains so that's an extra $30 to go to more shop stuff, but other than that I haven't been able to get anywhere unless I had a friend working there already. 8(

That's how I got my first job too. I heard that's how you get more jobs, but I can at least write down some things on my resume like college.

I just finished the last day of my job yesterday, hahah... But I have a new job at school already, writing comics for the newspaper...

As for a real job, I uh... Hope I can get an internship first before that. D8

Weasyl
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I just finished the last day of my job yesterday, hahah... But I have a new job at school already, writing comics for the newspaper...

As for a real job, I uh... Hope I can get an internship first before that. D8
    I'm curious to see your comics. You should post them.
    Look at all the fun we're having.