Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ah yes yes I see what you're saying. I'll work on those things tomorrow for sure. For now though...I snooze!

Hi Xylo
    I've tried red lining your picture, please bare with me as I have not done such things for a long time ( a few years or more D: )

Also I know you are happy with the upper body, which would look great on its own, however I I think you need to look at the image a Whole. Not only whats wrong with the legs, but how can I make the overall image mesh when I change the legs to match.

So what I have done is shown your original picture and drawn some arrows indicating things I might change right off the bat if this was my picture.

Then I've shown the quick sketch of the changes I've made on its own and then over your drawing.
    I did stand in front of a mirror to get a feel for what I was drawing but I'm not sure its the exact pose you were going for. Either way I think some of the suggestions may help with your overall drawing.
    Feel free to ask me about any changes that I have made, ad of course you can offer suggestions to mine as well.

I will say for certain that I felt your angel was a bit, um, unbalanced as it seemed hunched over slightly. Im my version I had straightened her a bit, it looked a bit odd to me but also you are using paper, and I do this often on paper, as I sometimes draw an at angle. This make sit looks odd when displayed at a perfect right angle, lol.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps7660ecd0.jpg nsfw
    http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...psd9166fca.jpg nsfw
    (I can send you the large file as it seems photo bucket has compressed it, I didn't remember it doing that :/ )

So I've slightly straightened her posture, pulled her shoulder up, and pushed leg/knee inwards and straightened the leg. I think this solves the issue of the thigh being too long and the calf looking a bit out of place. Also changing the position of the feet seemed to help, but this is the way I actually stand, so that might be why its different.

Overall I think you did a great job as this is not a simple pose to achieve.

Ps: i understand being limited by the paper size as the feet are at the bottom, but I do think you could tweak the image to fit as mine is not going to be perfect nor it is the way that you yourself draw. I hope it gives you an idea of what you would like to change in your own image.

-------------------------------------------
    Mod Edit: changed images to NSFW links due to breasts.
    Last edited by Fay V; 01-24-2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: mod action

Oh my gosh thank you for doing that! That is so helpful! You are right on all counts and I can't wait to get home to work on her. I really like the way your method is for seeming to figure out the proper angles...she looks so much more stable now, and confident. I wish I had more of a response for all the great help you've given but my thanks will perhaps show better once I have a chance to fix up my drawing tonight. (I am at work and I don't think they'd appreciate my working on it right now though I am itching to get back to it...)

Quote Originally Posted by xyloart View Post
    Oh my gosh thank you for doing that! That is so helpful! You are right on all counts and I can't wait to get home to work on her. I really like the way your method is for seeming to figure out the proper angles...she looks so much more stable now, and confident. I wish I had more of a response for all the great help you've given but my thanks will perhaps show better once I have a chance to fix up my drawing tonight. (I am at work and I don't think they'd appreciate my working on it right now though I am itching to get back to it...)
    You're welcome.
    I think the my way of figuring out the angles is not really the best method but it works for me.
    Sometimes it helps if I think of the body as made of boxes instead of circles and ovals. Boxes are all straight lines so it helps me line things up. With the way it would connect I move things up or down etc. Then I convert them to circle shapes, well kind of. It works in my mind lol.
    I'll be happy to see what it looks like later
    Last edited by Sammacha; 01-24-2014 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Sorry about not labelling the NSFW, It really didnt occur to me as I was only working on the outline.

Okay! I had a glass of wine and made the edits. The wine was an integral part. I think it looks a lot better now but if you catch anything else let me know!

Hmm, well I think that it looks quite a bit better. I might play with the size of the hands and make them a bit bigger, but that might be me thinking more along the lines of a harpie.
    Either way, I think that the legs don't feel nearly as awkward as they did in the beginning and the pose overall is great. she looks much more sturdy and it seems more natural.

There my be a few tweaks I would make but I think its pretty good overall. Is there anything in particular that is bothering you?

No you're right on the hands; I smacked them on her face in my head and they were too small. Edited the front foot a little too. Other than that I think I'm satisfied! Thank you again so much for all of your help. Hopefully I won't ruin it when I paint it!

I'm sure it will be fine, I will be happy to see the final result.
    And your welcome, glad I was able to help

Decided to do a companion piece, Devil
    NSFW tasteful nudity https://www.weasyl.com/submission/418960/devil-sketch

Quote Originally Posted by xyloart View Post
    Decided to do a companion piece, Devil
    NSFW tasteful nudity https://www.weasyl.com/submission/418960/devil-sketch
    Thats cool, um, I hope I'm not bothering you by replying again -.-;
    but...
    I think you could tilt her left hip up more, with that tilt the left shoulder down just a teeny bit
    change the angle of right knee just a little bit to the left and move the foot to match.
    When you do a pose like this remember the side which foot is in front will be straighter down the body because its more stretched compared to the other side which is scrunched up a little bit.
    I can offer to red line tomorrow night if you're not sure what I mean.
    I think this one is a little better then the last in that its already looking quite sturdy. Just a better starting point imo, you improved already yay~