Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WIP thread - critiques always welcome

Happy with the bust on this but something weird is going on with the legs. Haaaalp

NSFW: tasteful nude (angel) https://www.weasyl.com/submission/395399
    Last edited by xyloart; 01-29-2014 at 12:15 PM.

We should not be able to see the crotch area at all with that angle and pose.
    Did you have any references for this?

I lazily posed a little in the mirror. XD CROTCH ERASED

Quote Originally Posted by xyloart View Post
    I lazily posed a little in the mirror. XD CROTCH ERASED
    No, thats not lazy at all. Thats actually a great way to nail poses. Its more than a lot of other people do. Keep on using that.
    Only problem of course is you need to remember the pose if you don't have a mirror right next to you. You can always use the mirror in conjunction with reference material.

Thank you for the tips!

Lol a mirror is a great tool! Hes right about the crotch,
    And I think you should also turn the hips out a bit more
    I also feel like the front leg is bit too long compared to the back leg. Fore shortening is quite difficult.
    I would be happy to give it a try and redline the drawing for you if you like, tomorrow though as I'm getting ready for bed now.

Okay edited the submission file. Crotch gone, thigh shortened, and some of the angles of the chest changed slightly. Not touching this with paint until ALL THINGS PERFECT. Hopefully tomorrow I'll still love it instead of suddenly hate it. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    Lol a mirror is a great tool! Hes right about the crotch,
    And I think you should also turn the hips out a bit more
    I also feel like the front leg is bit too long compared to the back leg. Fore shortening is quite difficult.
    I would be happy to give it a try and redline the drawing for you if you like, tomorrow though as I'm getting ready for bed now.
    I just saw the thigh thing too! Great minds etc. etc. If you want to redline it that'd be cool but if you don't have time that's cool too.

Hmm... I think her left forearm is a bit short in comparison. It keeps bugging my eye and drawing me back to it. That's about all the advice/opinion I can offer at this level. Now if it were coloring and shading...

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Hmm... I think her left forearm is a bit short in comparison. It keeps bugging my eye and drawing me back to it. That's about all the advice/opinion I can offer at this level. Now if it were coloring and shading...
    I either fixed it or made it worse! D:

Quote Originally Posted by xyloart View Post
    Okay edited the submission file. Crotch gone, thigh shortened, and some of the angles of the chest changed slightly. Not touching this with paint until ALL THINGS PERFECT. Hopefully tomorrow I'll still love it instead of suddenly hate it. XD

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw the thigh thing too! Great minds etc. etc. If you want to redline it that'd be cool but if you don't have time that's cool too.
    O ha ha well it looks better already, however i can easily suggest with my tablet that the line going from the thigh to calf muscle (behind the knee) should be more rounded, and not so harsh. I feel like it would also give a nicer overall flow to that area.
    Not to lose the shape of the thigh muscle but to connect the skin of the thigh and the calf.
    Ill have a look tomorrow and see where you at, then Ill decide if red lining will do any good anymore lol.

I would also change the angle of the feet to be slightly outwards, i thinkn making the on in the back smaller might help. I feel the problem is an angle thing. I have suffered this issues many times xD
    Last edited by Sammacha; 01-24-2014 at 02:29 AM.