Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My studios big enough so that they all sit separately in their own dark area.
    I also varnish the oils after a period.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    I found a flat file on craigslist for super cheap (as flat files go, it was like $50 per file from an architectural firm that was moving shop.) I wouldn't have such a thing if it were new, because they're ridiculously expensive, but if you have the interest in owning a heavy hunk of metal, it's worth checking out local listings for that sort of thing.

Aaand since I had to go from being independent back to living with family, I just stuck the whole shebang in a storage unit that I needed to rent anyway (nowhere to put my dishes, vacuum cleaner, &etc otherwise). I shell out a bit extra for climate control since there's art in there, but it's not bad.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    Sonata
    i have my old old works stored in folders for safe-keeping. my more recent and better traditional work is mostly stored on my portfolio bag, though its real full now lol

Weasyl
    Sax
    Some I had framed for an artshow are kept in an oldschool suitcase. Big unframed drawings go in two of those: http://www.magasinsennelier.com/albu...210747_pop.jpg (cartons dessin... don't know the name in english), and smaller drawings go in those, inside binders: http://mister.reede.free.fr/Vocabula..._plastique.jpg (don't know the name in english either).

Weasyl
    Rinzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sax View Post
    Some I had framed for an artshow are kept in an oldschool suitcase. Big unframed drawings go in two of those: http://www.magasinsennelier.com/albu...210747_pop.jpg (cartons dessin... don't know the name in english), and smaller drawings go in those, inside binders: http://mister.reede.free.fr/Vocabula..._plastique.jpg (don't know the name in english either).
    The first one looks like what we would call a portfolio! And in the second one, those are plastic sheet protectors :3

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    I stuck them in a folder and stacked a bunch of them. :/

Weasyl
    Sax
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzy View Post
    The first one looks like what we would call a portfolio! And in the second one, those are plastic sheet protectors :3
    Thank you :3 handy to know since I use like a billion plastic sheet protectors around the house.

Oh I also usually spray a coat or two of this resin-based stuff on charcoal/pencil drawings.

For a while I was keeping all my stuff in portfolios stored under the bed.

Then we took in stray and her kitten, neither of whom were reliably using the box yet, so I had to move it all into the closet, and behind the dresser.

I wouldn't recommend either way of storage in any place prone to mold and the like though... I would love to have a flat file some day, or a flat file/table mix. That of course hinges on me also getting a dedicated art room...I can dream right?

Weasyl
    Rinzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sax View Post
    Thank you :3 handy to know since I use like a billion plastic sheet protectors around the house.

Oh I also usually spray a coat or two of this resin-based stuff on charcoal/pencil drawings.
    Do you mean Fixative?

Weasyl
    Sax
    Ha! this is pretty much the same word in french (fixatif), but I managed not to remember it in either language. :p
    Last edited by Sax; 01-26-2014 at 08:44 AM. Reason: because I managed to screwed up again how it is in french